1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Wah-Ki (Spirited Giraffe) 0.2 (Tails n' stuff)

Red Pandas in Starbound!

1. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

This is fantastic! I am going to use the first set for the regular red pandas, but as soon as I can figure out how to do multiple colors I will use the second as an option as well. I am testing out the recolor now, and after that I will update the mod on the site. Thanks again, seriously, I am assuming you are fine with being credited and thankedon the mod page?

2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Not sure what you mean there, but maybe this'll help:

You don't define species color per frame-set.
    You only use one set and change the color via hex-directives, so you don't need to manually recolor them.
    Code:
     { "ffca8a" : "f0608b", "e0975c" : "cd5061", "a85636" : "95484c", "6f2919" : "6a3836", "f32200" : "f6fbfb", "dc1f00" : "d7e8e8", "be1b00" : "8fa7a3", "951500" : "5d6d69", "d9c189" : "eacf60", "a38d59" : "c1a24e", "735e3a" : "977841" }

This is an example of a recolored body-sprite.

Basically, hex value 'ffca8a' is changed to 'f0608b', 'e0975c' is changed to 'cd5061' and so on.
    This makes having a lot of color options a lot easier.

3. AndreasDragon

AndreasDragon Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I all I need is thanks and credit, Thank you for letting me do this for you.

Hyko likes this.
  4. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

Hyko updated Wah-Ki (Spirited Giraffe) with a new update entry:

Tails and floofy faces

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1433554637][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No problem, but seriously, thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1433554902][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Welp, I had nothing else to occupy mt time this weekend, now I can try to figure this out
    , thanks! at sounded sarcastic, but it really wasn't)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  5. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Not much to figure out there, really.
    Just use these two sites and the color-pick tool from paint / gimp / photoshop.

Hex to RGB converter
    RGB to Hex converter

Hyko likes this.
  6. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

7. Adarkchylde

Adarkchylde Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way to make this compatible with tier nine mod and/or orpheus colony mod?

8. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

If the tier nine mod works the way I think it does, my mod should work with it, I am not sure to be honest though. The Orpheus colony meanwhile has been taken off nexus, that or it was temporarily hidden so I cant say for sure. Sorry I wasn't more help, I am still new to modding, hopefully with time I will be able to help more.

9. Mikelgard

Mikelgard Void-Bound Voyager

Hello hello! Noticed in the reviews about 'dank', and here's your answer: Dank is stoner slang for 'holy fucking shit this is amazing'.
    Back on topic, however, I really do think you can get somewhere with this! I'm attempting to get into modding m'self, but I'm doing weapons atm (still getting used to the layout and what everything means).

10. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

Ah, thanks for the tactical assist there. This may come as a surprise but I, the guy who mods starbound for fun in his freetime, don't really run with that crowd much. Not that I am judging or anything.

11. DarkSpanner

DarkSpanner Void-Bound Voyager

hello, absolutely love this mod, any chance of getting an update to Pleased Giraffe?

12. Hyko

Hyko Astral Cartographer

For sure, currently migrating some of the files over to my new computer (the old one killed itself) after that I am adding in some new features and making it compatible. Shouldnt be too long. I am seriously flattered that you like it by the way, that sort of stuff is always really motivating!

13. DarkSpanner

DarkSpanner Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome! me and some friends would love to add it to our super modded server

14. Dathiris

Dathiris Big Damn Hero

Hey, just thought I'd chime in and give my metaphorical 2 cents.
    Personally, I feel like just simply updating the mod as it stands now should be your priority. But you do you man, and the fact that your adding new content for this race is awesome.
    But I gotta ask, what is it that your adding? New content is good, but right now where stuck with no red pandas.
    This is a problem.

15. Rugudo

Rugudo Void-Bound Voyager

Love the mod! Used it a lot when I last did a "playthrough" with friends. Do you have any plans to update it to the new stable version? Also an alternate pattern that could show a little bit of orange on the side would be neat.

16. Cestus Aprell

Cestus Aprell Void-Bound Voyager

Can Wah-ki be Raccoon like too? Also more fur colour options?

17. Adarkchylde

Adarkchylde Void-Bound Voyager

Plz update this

18. xamode

xamode Space Spelunker

hay i love red pandas i would die to have one and when i was looking for a good race mod my heart skipped a beat and i was wondering if you dropped the project or if your just updating... thank you for your time

PLZ update

19. xamode

xamode Space Spelunker

this race is playable all you need to do is

1 go to a race you don't care for or download a new one

2 go to the race in the mod folder go to humanoid

3 then move every thing from that to the trash or some where you don't care (you won't need it later)

4 move all of the humanoid stuff from the red panda mod to the other race's humanoid folder

warning if you do this with a character that has race perks or unqine armor then your character will be stuck with that