1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Void Egg Not Incubating In Multiplayer (Coop Not Full)

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheHyruliest, Nov 21, 2018.

1. TheHyruliest

TheHyruliest Seal Broken

I was playing multiplayer on PC with my friend, and in the beginning of Spring we had a witch fly over our chicken coop. It resulted in two of the eggs becoming void eggs.

We were wondering why it hadn't hatched yet (the current date in the game as shown on the screenshots Ive provided are the 19th of Summer) so we both checked out the incubator.

When I tried putting a different egg in to see what would happen, it turned the incubator into a tapper:

[​IMG]

We had the host disconnect to try again, and when my friend put the egg in, this time it turned into a heater. Not only that, but the heater was moving as if it were winter:

[​IMG]

Host disconnected again, and when I went to grab the other void egg out of the chest I was keeping it in, it was not there. We have since left it alone.

*We had some difficulty getting the eggs to go into the incubator in the first place, as if it didnt want to take the eggs. Not sure if this is related, because it did eventually go in and seem to be working*

As you can see from both pictures, we have the fully upgraded coop, and we only have 5 animals in there, so its not hitting the limit.

edit: I should probably mention that we have not previously tried to use the incubator, so I don't know if this issue is particular to the void egg or if it would have effected all attempts to incubate.

As of Summer 21 2nd year we have also never had a pregnancy from our barn (fully upgraded, 3 cows, 1 goat, 1 sheep, 1 pig, all except the sheep and pig were obtained before the previous summer ended) though I know that's more RNG based and nowhere close to the exact process of 'insert egg, wait a few days, get chicken'. But now with this incubator thing, I guess I've become worried that something is wrong with that too.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

What mods <if any> are you running?

• TheHyruliest

TheHyruliest Seal Broken

Not running any mods, it's my friend's first time experiencing the game.

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

What platform and version are you guys running?
          Also, how long did you wait for the egg to hatch? I can't off the top of my head recall the incubation rate of void eggs, but I think they may be longer than the 6.25 eggs and duck eggs take.

Just trying to narrow down how to recreate this.

TheHyruliest likes this.
          • TheHyruliest

TheHyruliest Seal Broken

Oh, sorry, we're playing on PC.

We always play whatever the most up to date version through Steam is.

When the witch event happened, it was during the night after Day 5 of Spring (year 2) so we put the egg in on Day 6 Spring (year 2). It was a sunny day, and there were no other events to clash with it as far as I know (no cutscenes when either of us left our houses, nothing was finished being built, etc). I actually have this info because my friend was streaming it, so I just went back into the video. The date IRL that this happened was 11/14, so that would have been before the newest update came out. We made it all the way to Spring 23 before we ended our play session.

We weren't able to play together again until yesterday (before which we both updated our games), which was when we realized the egg had taken over an entire season and has not yet hatched. Yesterday we made it all the way to Summer 21, and it still hasn't budged.

• TheHyruliest

TheHyruliest Seal Broken

By the way, if its possible to fix this with save editing, we would love to get our incubator back (and maybe spawn a baby void chicken)! But neither of us have messed with it yet and in our searching have found no value to search for to reset the incubator.

• Keralimah

Keralimah Poptop Tamer

Made an account just to post that this just happened to my friend and I as well. Witch event happened sometime in late summer and we incubated it immediately. It's middle of Autumn right now and it's still not hatched. Had the same thing with inserting eggs again turning it into either a tapper or heater, as well. Our coop is the middle tier, though. To try troubleshooting we made a save backup and tried upgrading the coop to see if it fixed it to no avail. Incubator was still broken in the Deluxe as well.

We're both playing on PC and completely unmodded on the current non-beta version on Steam.

TheHyruliest likes this.