1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [VITA] Skull cave floor repeats themselves

Discussion in 'Support' started by alexaxa, Jun 9, 2018.

1. alexaxa

alexaxa Space Spelunker

Hi

I didn't play Stardew valley on other console than vita so it may not be a bug but i'm reporting it anyway in case it is.

When i go to the skull cavern and i changed floor, the same floor pattern (same rock/geodes placement etc..) keeps repeating itself. Sometime for more than 6 consecutives floors. Half the time, even the enemy pattern is exactly the same. It's pretty good where there is a lot of purple slime or there's hole, but very boring when it's full of mummy !

I assume the randomness should looks like the one in the Mine.

Have a nice day !

• alexaxa

alexaxa Space Spelunker

Am i the only one with this issue ?

I had 19 identical floors with a lots of mummy in the skull cave today. After that my game crash because i used bomb near a dirt patch and the tilling bug crashed it.

The hidden stairs are under the same exact rock for a couple of floor at the time and geode placement are identical (had a bunch of rubies).

There may be something wrong with the RNG.

• Josaro

Josaro Void-Bound Voyager

This happened to me too when going for the floor 25 mission from Qi, the floors between level 18 -25 kept repeating with the same layout of rocks/enemies etc

• teyavatch

teyavatch Astral Cartographer

Just posted about this in another thread, but yes. Tilling crashes and repeating floors in skull caverns are both a thing I have happening. Like, CONSTANTLY repeating floors. The first several were exactly the same, then a different one, then back to the first one for a bit, then the SAME different one, etc.

Chucklefish gods, please tell us another patch is in the works. Ideally soon.

• alexaxa

alexaxa Space Spelunker

I got lucky with a floor with purple slime and a diamond geode right at the start ! Finished my run with 17 diamonds:p

• teyavatch

One more thing, which I might as well put here, given that it doesn’t seem to warrant its own post:

Anybody else notice that the resolution (or whatever) is off? If you get a “perfect!” in fishing, the word is mostly off the screen. In some cutscenes, you aren’t on the visible part at all.

• alexaxa

alexaxa Space Spelunker

Yes for the perfect, but didn't see cutscenes with that issue so far.

Something about off screen things that i found was the museum. If you select an item and scroll the screen to go put it someplace that wasn't on the initial screen, you can't. You can click dozens of times but nothing happens. You need to put back the item into your inventory, take it again in hand and your inventory should move a little out of the way and now you can put it on the shelves.

• teyavatch

I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. Thanks for the tip!

• weggie

weggie Void-Bound Voyager

I am convinced the Vita version of Stardew Valley doesnt want us to have fun. I just want to get enough Iridium to upgrade tools and make some sprinklers. A response from the community manager would be nice, its really pushing me towards the PC version I have (Im afraid ill just mod my way to an easier game though, this is why I prefer the Vita)

• Kc0181

Kc0181 Intergalactic Tourist

I've seen some of the same floors but on top of this and unable to till this also just happened.

I got to level 4 or 5 and the ambient sound stopped after dropping down a hole. I went down a few more floors with ambient still mute and when I dropped down another hole to reach floor 21 my game crashed.

• alexaxa

alexaxa Space Spelunker

Just found out that there seems to be a workaround for the repeating floor ! Each time i put my vita in sleep mode while being in the skull cavern and wait a few hours before playing again, when i play again the repeating floor pattern breaks as soon as i changed floor.

Either the broke randomization is tied with the current time/hour (which not playing for a few hours fix), either something happens while putting it in sleep mode. I did not try putting it in sleep mode and come back instantly to see if it breaks the repeating floors patterns nor change my Vita's date/time yet. I'll try next time i play.

EDIT : Putting the vita in sleep mode doesn't break the patterns and you can't seems to be able to change the vita's system date while a game is open. Only solutions that seems to works is really to wait a few hours (i would assume at least one).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
                        • Kimo Force

Kimo Force Seal Broken

I genuinely thought the skull mines were designed that way, but I guess it really is a glitch huh. It does render certain runs either really good (spawning in a wide room with guaranteed ores for something you need) or really bad (that long-winding corridor with either treasure or a giant slime in the middle), rather than offer a consistent and varied experience that's uniform for all visits. Well, if it is a glitch, I hope it's eventually patched soon.

• Gamercat456

Gamercat456 Intergalactic Tourist

There was a patch I’ve updated mine and had no issues since the update

• teyavatch

That’s weird, because I didn’t think either patch addressed this issue. In any case, I still get non-randomized floors in the caverns too.

• Kc0181

Kc0181 Intergalactic Tourist

My game is crashing when I try and save whenever I've gone to the skull mine. Thought it was caused by dropping down holes but tested just using stairs and still getting crashes.

• alexaxa

alexaxa Space Spelunker

There's still some random crashing at the end of the days but i don't know if it's related to the skull cave since i've been doing a lot of them recently without any issues (except the repeating floor).

• oldmanstu

oldmanstu Starship Captain

Posting in here to see if there will be any official response to Skull cavern repeating floors?
                                    I loved going mining in SC on the PC version, but it is dull as hell on Vita.
                                    Have had instances of over 20+ consecutive repeated floors before and it makes finding iridium damn near impossible.

Can someone covering the Vita version please say whether they are aware of this issue and better still if there is a fix on the way?

teyavatch likes this.
                                    • oldmanstu

Well, teyavatch, looks like it's just you and me, bud.
                                      Support seems to be a no-show so let's just make our own bug-free farming game with blackjack and hookers.

• oldmanstu

It seems the games persistent bug where it often crashes after a few hours play is still present and correct.

• Sasherrrz

Sasherrrz Space Hobo

I'm having the same issue! It's the same floor for 5 levels, changes once and then returns to the originally repeated level. Are they aware of this issue?