1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Vita Performance

Discussion in 'Support' started by weggie, Jun 7, 2018.

1. weggie

weggie Void-Bound Voyager

Now that the the patch for the crashes has been released and most people on Vita can finally continue with the game, maybe its time we get the lowdown on the performance issues that are, while not game breaking could use some work. Here's what I experienced so far
    • Micro freezes when doing random things (fishing, mining, chopping trees)
    • Poor performance when you have a substantial amount of crops / buildings in your farm
    • Music cuts off when putting the Vita on standby and resuming
    There could be more but I haven't experienced them. To be fair, what I mostly want is to know if it can be done. I understand the Vita is not the most powerful system, and if it will take a considerable amount of effort or is technically impossible, at least I want to be told that this is the case. I am thoroughly enjoying the game on the Vita even though I have it on Steam. So hey, if it cant be done, just let us know. Still grateful you guys released it on the Vita.

• moxievegas

moxievegas Intergalactic Tourist

Yeah, I'm... actually still getting crashes. ): got two more in the last 24 hours alone, it's kind of upsetting actually, I'm real tired of having to redo an entire day's work just because I broke open a rock or something. I've also seen a few visual bugs here and there, I took screenshots on my Vita so once I figure out a good way to throw them onto a computer and upload I'll share them if that would help with fixes.

• teyavatch

teyavatch Astral Cartographer

I’ve had a few crashes myself (though nothing trophy-related, so that’s good.) Usually when I’m digging dirt in the mines. If I’m digging something up that’s doing that, I don’t know what it would be.

• det_gittes

det_gittes Void-Bound Voyager

Well, I only played a little bit these past few days but the game just crashed on me while saving and I wasn't even in the mines at all that day, just did a substantial amount of fishing (actually it showed me progressing to level 7 fishing, after which it crashed).