1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [VITA] Game Crash at $15,000 in Lifetime Earnings

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kael84, May 23, 2018.

1. Kael84

Kael84 Space Hobo

I am currently on Spring 20, Year 1. I harvest 53 regular potatoes, 10 silver potatoes, and 4 gold potatoes. When I go to sell them to Pierre I am able to sell on of the stacks of potatoes, but then the game crashes when I try to sell a second stack of potatoes to Pierre around 9:10-9:20am. I have sold:

4 gold potato stack, and then the 53 regular stack (crash)
    53 regular stack, then 10 silver (crash)
    10 silver, 4 gold, 53 regular (crash)

I just sold the 53 regular, left Pierre's, came back and tried to sell the 10 silver and it crashed again.

I was able to put them all into the shipping bin, but then the game crashes overnight before saving. So I am not really sure what to do....

Well I just shipped only the 53 regulars and it let my game save and progress a day, so at least there is that....I guess my potato empire will just be pushed back by a day :)

Thanks!

• Kael84

Kael84 Space Hobo

As an update, the next day I can’t sell the remaining potatoes without crashing the game....

• Kael84

Kael84 Space Hobo

I am leaving my first posts up, but it seems like the issue happens when I hit $15,000 in lifetime earnings. I sold many crops 1 by 1 to approach $15,000 and each time it would crash when going over $15,000.

I own this on ps4 and already have that trophy, so I don’t know if that is the issue, or if this would be for anyone earning that trophy on the Vita.

Thanks!

• Kael84

Kael84 Space Hobo

I just started a new game, spawned several legend fish to sell them, and my game crashes if I try to go over $15,000 in lifetime earnings. I haven’t seen any other posts like this so it may be something specific to my profile or game.

Thanks!

• alexaxa

alexaxa Space Spelunker

Did you try putting your vita in airplane mode or turning off wi-fi while earning your 15k ? I once had a game that would crash only when connected.

• Kael84

Kael84 Space Hobo

So I continued to play around with this last night. After reformatting and then putting the vita into airplane mode I was able to get past this. But, I reconnected and it crashed when trying to earn the $50,000 trophy. Now, I had earned both of these trophies on the ps4, so I don’t know if this is happening when earning duplicate trophies or if it is any trophy.

I’ll continue to play around with this, but thanks for the tip!

• Kayle Dincht

Kayle Dincht Intergalactic Tourist

Having the exact same problem, can’t surpass 15k in earnings, have the trophy for ps4 already. Still crashes in airplane mode and whatnot.

• Veritech48

Veritech48 Poptop Tamer

It only happens when you get a trophy you already had on PS4. I had to reset my Vita and get my only PS4 trophy before syncing.

• Kayle Dincht

What steps exactly did you take to do so? I only have the 15k trophy on ps4, i tried reformatting internal memory card but seems it didn't take the trophy data off.

• Kayle Dincht

And does this entail starting a new game

• Veritech48

Veritech48 Poptop Tamer

I backed everything up on my laptop. Then completely reset my Vita. Formatting the memory card or restoring settings is not enough. Once I got my Vita set up again, I copied SV back over from my laptop and got the fishing trophy. Only AFTER getting the trophy, then I synced my trophies with the server. This did not require starting a new game.

• Woptimus

Woptimus Lucky Number 13

I'm getting it whenever trophies are popping as I've played the ps4 version extensively, namely the 15k one. Stuck on the 22nd day of Spring and it kills me as I had so much free time this weekend to spend on my farm and now I can't do anything. I really, really hope it gets patched and not just swept under the rug. I also tried reformatting my vita and playing in airplane mode but that didnt seem to work either?

Doctor23 likes this.
                          • Doctor23

Doctor23 Aquatic Astronaut

I tried doing that as well and I had no joy either, I love this game and I'm gutted I can't play it on my vita because it crashes everytime i fish for my fish trophy.

• teyavatch

teyavatch Astral Cartographer

I don’t know if this will help you or not, but I had tried the reset/airplane mode and had it not work too. Then I tried it again and here’s what I did:

1) Boot vita in safe mode, choose system restore (or whatever.)
                              2) Put in my wifi information and psn stuff.
                              3) Watch insanely long startup video.
                              4) “Activate” the vita via settings.
                              5) IMMEDIATELY TURN ON AIRPLANE MODE/DISABLE WIFI.
                              6) It worked! the trophy for fishing popped and it didn’t crash because the system never had a chance to check my account/global trophies.

Basically, I think if you want to avoid the trophy crashes, you must never let your vita connect to anything after you’ve activated it. You can’t just turn airplane mode on when you’re playing and expect that to work.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong about any of this.

• Veritech48

Veritech48 Poptop Tamer

This is pretty much exactly what I did as well.

• teyavatch

One more thing. Apparently after I “fixed” the crash, I went and immediately caught a fish (number 10) to see if it would work. It did and the trophy triggered like I said, so I quit the game and went about my day normally.

Today, when I caught that tenth fish for real (which would have retriggered the trophy) it crashed again. A second reset fixed it again, but I’m guessing you have to trigger the trophy and then save to move on. I’ll report back when I prove or disprove this personal theory.

I’m sorry, everybody, but I’m getting unreasonably upset now. I just want to play this otherwise awesome game on the handheld that I have without jumping through hoops and/or making another account and rebuying it so I don’t have to worry about trophies.

Any kind up update the admins/mods/devs/port team/whatever can give on when we can expect a real fix would not go unappreciated.

• teyavatch

Checking back in to say that, yes, it seems completing the day you get the trophy helps stave off the crash. I’m guessing we’re all going to have to do a full restore every time a new (old) trophy pops though. ;(

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

A fix for this is incoming - thanks so much for the report.

teyavatch and Doctor23 like this.
                                      • teyavatch

Where will it be announced when it goes live?

Graxer and Woptimus like this.
                                        • Kael84

Kael84 Space Hobo

Thanks for the update katzues. Any idea if it will be fixed to where we will be able to use the games we are currently playing in airplane mode?

Thanks!