Visual feedback for decaying food

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by bmkorkut, Jul 21, 2017.

1. bmkorkut

bmkorkut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First, thanks for the great update in 1.3, I'm gladly back into the game after a very long time.

I know that the food decaying process is shown in the tooltips. But in order to consume first the most decayed one, I need to hover all over the food in the inventory is taking time and getting boring. It would be useful if I could glance at the food tab and just see what should I eat first.

two suggestions:
    - Food frame might change color to show decay status
    - Sorting button for the food tab might work as sort according to decay state (almost rotten at the beginning, seeds and ingredients would be at the end)

Trenix, oinkgamer and sagenth like this.
  2. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

yes woul be nice if the bakcground of the food would get the color of the food status that the writing usually has.

3. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

The thing about rotten food that has always annoyed me is there isn't a really convenient way to auto-stack all the rotten food. Would be a nice feature to add a quick stack button to go with the sort.

I'm a bit surprised though that the sorting button doesn't already sort by status, you'd think it would.

4. Bersalius

Bersalius Phantasmal Quasar

I agree. Maybe a tiny symbol or a border would indicate the status, going from yellow to orange, and red. If the food is ok, then nothing changes. And of course, the food should be sort as bmkorkut said.