Visiting spaceships?

Discussion in 'Other' started by Writing Monkey, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Writing Monkey

Writing Monkey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I didn't see this suggestion, but if I missed it and this is a duplicate, or if this is something already mentioned by the devs and I somehow didn't read about it, I apologize and throw myself upon your mercy.

I thought it might be interesting if alien ships could dock at your space station, causing random events. They could be traders, scientists, mercenaries, or even invaders. Fight for your space station! Reminds me of the base attacks in X-COM.

Of course, if the space station is meant as a safe haven, then the last part wouldn't fit. The other three, and similar variations, could still work.

I think this would add a "DS9" feel to the game, and allow the fun of discovery from the comfort of your own home.

Rian121 likes this.
  2. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

There had been talk before about random space pirates or aliens docking into your ship invading it and such, but not about them being traders and such :p
    Could be quite nice.

3. NamAdNats

NamAdNats Master Chief

I'm pretty sure that Tiy said there would be no space gameplay meaning no actual fighting etc. But, if this was activated by a Star Trek-esque "beam me up Scotty" thing; I think it'd work well.
    You get beamed onto their ship where you can trade I mean.

4. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Well you can still move around (and "play") in your space-station, so I don't see why this couldn't be implemented here.

It sounds like a nice idea and those random events could spice up your boring everyday life on the space ship! Trading some rare items, blueprints, and maybe getting some quests... :love:

NamAdNats likes this.
  5. Hakjabtholah

Hakjabtholah Void-Bound Voyager

I agree that the station should be a kind of safe haven, but as far as random traders, scientists, and maybe even refugees (that you can decide to take in or turn away) go, I think it would be really fun.