Virorbs

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by thefluvirus, Mar 12, 2012.

1. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

I must add though a couple of ideas I was pondering. Don't know if they would be useful or not:

Corrosive Virorb - May be too similar to Sludge Virorb, but maybe would dissolve weapons and or armors if you let it on you for too long. Or maybe just weaken their stats.
    Hazing Virorb - This one would be more annoying than anything. Think of it like a personal fog over your head. When it is on their, it decreases the viewing distance of your character greatly until you get it off of you. Would work very well underground when light is already diminished.
    Electrode Vriorb - Would render anything electronic the character has on them useless while the virorb is even near the player.

Just some ideas, use them or not. Up to you. Or modify them for whatever purpose you may think of.

thefluvirus and Maplestrip like this.
  2. Saikyo Mantis

Saikyo Mantis Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, thefluvirus, your idea has superb variety and you've made such an impressive presentation. It is like the Virorbs are already part of Starbound. I want to don some semi-biotic armor and go collect virorb genes. Maybe create a device to capture them and use their power like Mega Man.

3. Wabanunu

Wabanunu Void-Bound Voyager

these are sweet! I hope they get added regardless of whether you win or not

4. Nozii

Nozii Void-Bound Voyager

welp... im probably not gonna win... I might!
    good luck to all!

5. WHY!?

Why I cannot like one post twice!? :cry:
    With the risk of repetition, I'll say: Ladies&Gentlemen, we have a winner!:D

6. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

And each post now has a like!
    Not all posts, but man, because I really like this idea, and the sprites are great ;P

7. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Definetly better than throgs or mostly anything here.Want this in teh game.

8. Zolon

Zolon Big Damn Hero

Lots of excellent work put into this. If only I had your art skills! :D

I'd look forward to facing these suckers in-game.

9. ArchzAngelz

ArchzAngelz Void-Bound Voyager

After seeing this, there's no way i can win this contest. Btw, LOVE IT!

10. Yen

Yen Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay, giving them all sprites makes them even better- hnnnnnnng*heart*

11. DeusExel

DeusExel Big Damn Hero

haha Metroids nice^^

12. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

[​IMG] ?

But yeah, your ideas are really cool! Your "corrosive" idea will be going up in the next update to the OP, in the form of a mutant virorb that temporarily breaks your helmet, taking away defence and breaking set-bonuses and so on. I've noted down your other suggestions, in fact your hazing virorb idea has given me inspiration for two different virorbs! Thank you!

Ribbit!

dagorran likes this.
  13. Yen

Yen Pangalactic Porcupine

That was what I thought too!!

14. Crowley

Crowley Void-Bound Voyager

It's totally badass and fits this game SO MUCH. Hope I find Virorbs in final version of the game. Good luck!

15. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

Thanks guys for the support!
    I updated the post, there's technically two completely new virorbs now. Sort of.
    The other two are partly new, and... well... look, it's really confusing to explain, but it's kinda like this:
    • What used to be the sky virorb now has a different design, has a new weakness, lost the ability to use a shield and is called air virorb.
    • Old air virorb is now called sky virorb.
    • Old sky virorb is now soul virorb and has new abilites, and still has the ability to use a shield.
    Just look at the post and it'll be a little easier to understand... hopefully.

dagorran likes this.
  16. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

Right; there has to be a Virorb boss.
    Maybe a...
    Spheriv? Vire? Sphervir? IDK.

17. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

I'm not too sure about a virorb boss... Virorbs on their own aren't really meant to be that much of a challenge to fight, since you can shake them off in a matter of seconds. The true threat of virorbs is when the player is too busy avoiding hazards or fighting with other monsters to have the time to stop and get rid of them. I can't really think of how that would work in a boss fight... Maybe a boss that has a bunch of Virorb minions would work?

18. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

Well...Yeah. Virorb Boss spawns tons of Virorb minions. (just a suggestion):

Attack: Virorb Apocalypse

Boss fires a frontal cone that summons virorbs depending on what materials it passes through (exactly the same as an attack in my suggestion)

Attack: Virorb Ascension

Boss summons random Virorbs

You liek?

Or maybe, it just has tons of health and Virorbs just pop off of it.

Karamunin likes this.
  19. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Awesome man! I'm glad you can utilize some of my ideas in your creations! :) I can't wait to see what you have in mind with those.

20. Karamunin

Karamunin Big Damn Hero

This is one of my favorite submissions I've seen so far. It's got a very unique look and it already seems like it would belong in the game. I do think that a boss version of the Virorb would work pretty nicely also, like TheDeviant suggested.