Virorbs

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by thefluvirus, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the whole concept of cute-looking floating debuffs!
    The pixel art is so cool aswell, very nice job!

2. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

Thanks!
    And I updated my post with a few new sprites, moar info, and extra water virorb stuffs. :ninja:

dagorran likes this.
  3. downstroypvp

downstroypvp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

At least a monster that doesn't eat you up, but debuffs you. I love it + the spriting is cool + the art also. Good job.

4. conorbebe

conorbebe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh wow, this competition is getting tough. So many good creations I don't know how they can decide!

5. Emberleaf

Emberleaf Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love this idea. They seem iconic too, and very unique. I hope that, even if these don't win, they get implemented.

6. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

I updated the entry again, with drops, spawn rate of virorbs, and stuffs! Thank you so much for all your encouragement!

dagorran likes this.
  7. Attack_Fish

Attack_Fish Phantasmal Quasar

Hey! this looks like metroids! Where they stick themselves onto your head! Is that where you got your inspiration for these?

8. Every Human

Every Human Scruffy Nerf-Herder

these look really cool:up:

9. Lazagne

Lazagne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the concept and the art, i'm giving you +1 internets sir.
    Very nice idea indeed, i love the parasistic aspect of this monster.
    (And the fact that it will stick to your face will annoy everyone, making this absolutely awesome)

10. Mikey

Mikey Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hope you win, because i would love to see these in the game, good luck!

11. Giant Door

Giant Door Space Penguin Leader

I like the concept very much, well done

12. lillgurrax

lillgurrax Space Spelunker

Looks Assuuuummm!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D Great work :3

13. Yaxlat

Yaxlat Existential Complex

SUPPORT! :up::love:

14. SkydivingRobot

SkydivingRobot Void-Bound Voyager

These are basically the best things in the contest. Simple, iconic and really nice looking.
    If I was judging, I'd pick the Virorbs.

15. tachyonwolf

tachyonwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Holy moly! O.O good idea tho! =3 there are not enough virus like monsters in RPGs

16. jacksnight

jacksnight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very creative, just an awesome monster!

17. TheVoir7

TheVoir7 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I belive I have lost, good job!

18. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

Your support is overwhelming! Thank you!

Now that i think about it Attack Fish, i suppose it was metroids that gave me the ideas for the parasitic aspect of the virorbs, but the design was loosely inspired by Solosis, a 5th generation Pokemon. As for my initial inspiration, I think it came from the idea of wearing a fishbowl on your head in terraria drowning you, and i thought what if a monster could do something like that. Originally the idea was that there was only one type of virorb and that it would only do that, but then other ideas entered my head and i figured out that one virorb should not have all those powers, so i gave it different variations.

Anyway, I just scanned some more virorbs onto my computer, so hopefully i will be able to get another update done tonight! Expect to see a Psychic virorb, a Flower Virorb, a "Ring" Virorb, A UFO VIRORB :alien:....

And this monstrosity.
    [​IMG]

You can un-like now.

dagorran likes this.
  19. [wots]tehgadgetguy

[wots]tehgadgetguy Void-Bound Voyager

I really like this idea, it's going to be hard to top. Also, the air virorb's picture almost looks like it's smiling.

20. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Hmm, I should've checked this out sooner! I support Virorbs, although the name could probably use some reworking...

Sphere-N-A? BioSlimes? Vire-orbs just doesn't roll off the tongue so well...