Boss Vimana

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by SkeithRei, Jul 24, 2012.

1. SkeithRei

SkeithRei Subatomic Cosmonaut

Story- Your homeworld is lightyears away, and the only way to save yourself is moving forward. You've already lost most of your crew and your rations are dangerously low. You haven't come across a habitable planet in what feels like years, and you long to see a new face. But just as you and your crew are losing hope, one planet in this dead sea has noticable shaped features on it. You approach carefully, unknowing if the planet is hostile or not. On closer inspection, this planet wasn't just habited, it was crowded! Countless cities far more advanced than anything ever seen before lay scattered across the landscape. But you can see it from your ship. This planet is destroyed, ravaged by a disastrous war that almost certainly rendered the planet useless to you. Even so, your crew (and you) are anxious for a change in scenery. You walk slowly across the landscape, careful of the wide chasms and bottomless bits that lay scattered randomly. The least eager of your group, you stay back and follow with your head down, exhausted with the effort of piloting your ship. Suddenly, a voice pierces your thoughts, "Captain!" It was James, a fine fellow he is. Always hardworking, and leading this expedition. "Captain! I think I've found something!"
    "What is it lad? Is it useful?"
    "I'm not sure yet, sir. Look, in the distance." He gestures to a building in a much greater state or repair then the rest.
    Even with your tired eyes, you can see it must have been important. "Well done! Well done! We may be saved yet!"
    And so your group makes their way towards your beacon of hope. But, one can only imagine what lays inside...

After spending the night in the building, you cant help but feel you're being watched. You constantly have that strange feeling that someones watching from around the corners. The others don't share your fears, but you've been at this long enough to know something needs to be done...

You find food, and fresh water are abundant here. While it looks like no ones been here for thousands of years, it's obviously been protected. There is only one place that looks important that hasn't been explored yet. A giant chamber in the center of the building, that one can only imagine the treasures that lay inside it. Unfortunately, the door is locked with no obvious way to get in. Your crews technician is currently working on opening it from the control room, but he hasn't checked in for a while. Emily just went down to see whats going on, you just hope everything's alright...

Finally! The door has been unlocked! While our technician Stanley is still missing, we have all gathered back to go in together. You've chosen to ignore the feeling of being watched for the time being, although it IS weird that the power still works in this place after so much time... Nothing can stop you and your crew from exploring the room now, although really it's only you, James, Emily, and Jonathan who are left. Now is the time to act...

(The Captains Personal Diary) Oh gods why did we open that door! I knew something was wrong but I chose to ignore it! I was such a fool! The others are dead. We found the remains of the lost ones and one by one the rest of us were killed by the building's defense mechanisms. Robots. I knew I was being watched! Inside there was a giant ship. It controlled the building and was only waiting for the right time to strike. We were fools... Such horrible fools... I'm writing this in a locked closet and I can hear them just outside... It's only a matter of time before t- (It ends here, and has blood stains splattered across it)

This would be a crazy difficult boss that only spawns on one planet, in that one room. This boss can spawn other smaller robots who may be easy to kill, but are numerous and protect the Vimana itself. This would require you to not only focus on the Vimana, but also the bots running around you.
    The Vimana itself is a sort of stereotypical circular alien space ship that is 1. Extremely reflective 2. Highly durable 3. Made of very rare material (Maybe uncraftable and only obtainable through this boss?) 4. Covered with hidden gizmos and gadgets that are bent on murdering you 5. #4 will probably come true
    Loot - RARE - Focused Lazer Rifle, Unknown Vimana Alloy 15-30 (Can be used to craft stuff), Robot Blueprints (Blueprints for the 5 robots) - NORMAL - Unknown Vimana Alloy 5-10, (Out of ideas :facepalm:) - FROM ROBOTS - (Cisternina) - Cisternina's Sword - (Volaces) - Pinser Blade (Small dagger) - (Tormentarii) - Tormentarii's Scythe - (Soriosus) - Soriosus Cloaking Device (+50% chance to not be seen when active) - (Otiumos) - Lazer Battery Core (Used to power Focused Lazer Rifle, +15% damage on other, lower tier lazer rifles)

There are 5 robots that the Vimana will dispense to fight you. They are:
    Cisternina - The big, bulky, hard hitting yet incredibly slow robots that cannot jump. Large Sword.
    Volaces - Small, flying robots. Have small pinsers and will circle the target, then attack (Similar to the Eater of Souls from Terraria).
    Tormentarii - Quick, low health, small firearms, one deadly sharp scythe of epicosity.
    Soriosus - Partial cloaking, very low health, red-hot blades that sear flesh, normal speed.
    Otiumos - Low health, powerful lazer guns, chance to teleport when hit by melee.
    (There can be multiple of these out at a time (Infact 95% of the time) and can be repeatedly dispensed by the Vimana)
    This boss would have an INSANE amount of health (I'm not sure what the scaling is like but it's CRAZY) Lots of defense, multiple ways of attacking you that can all be used at once, and would drop the materials the Vimana is made out of, high tier lazer guns, and the robots have a small chance of having salvageable weapons on them.

(I am absolutely terrible at making sprites so I probably won't post one)

As always, post ideas, comments, and suggestions! :DD

EDIT #1 - Added details on the Vimana itself as well as the many robots it can dispense. +Drops.

2. Kint

Kint Star Wrangler

Awesome! For a while I almost though it was a fanfic!;) I really like this idea, and how it's so greatly connected to the plot line. :up:
    P.S. Also, I could try to make some sprites for you, if you like. :]

3. GardenOfFerne

GardenOfFerne Industrial Terraformer

I loved the story leading up to the boss, it felt like I was actually part of the crew. I like the whole idea of the boss as well, I just think you should elaborate on what you have already said such as the looks of Vimana, drops, (in more detail) other side quests (if any) related to the Vimana, etc.

4. SkeithRei

SkeithRei Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will do... Tomorrow though... Wait. I'm not gonna be back for a few days... S**t Okay time to make my brain work at 1 in the morning :/

Edit - Done and Done. Quest stuff can wait a few days right D: I'm tired as :zzz: that guy. And this guy as well :zzz: