1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Village Guards Disappear After Varying Times

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by gMaImNeDs, Jun 17, 2018.

1. gMaImNeDs

gMaImNeDs Void-Bound Voyager

When going into a village, guards will sometimes expire on sight, and other times take a while before doing so. They leave experience and sometimes an item.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Remove everything from the assets folder except the user folder and the packed.pak file.
    If this doesnt fix this issue you'l have to find the broken mod and report the issue to the respective mod author.

3. gMaImNeDs

No luck with fixing the Guards expiring, but the game performance has improved! Time to give it the old, remove mod, start, test, rinse and repeat method.

Also, offtopic, but what the what the what is that amazing profile pic?

4. Iris Blanche

It is probably a race mod and/or a mod that alters the combat dialogue config. Unfortunately i cant help you further with that because i dont know the assets of all mods. ^^'

yea pretty offtopic...
    Profile pic is Hades Izanami from BlazBlue Centralfiction.

5. gMaImNeDs

Thanks for the speedy help! At 2AM EST no less, good heavens. If all else fails, my Starbound's definitely loading everything faster!

Given the expression in the picture, the name Hades is not that much of a surprise. Reminds me of when I name my more vicious characters Hekates. :rofl:

6. gMaImNeDs

After using the Find command in a chat log, some guard related problems arise:

[Error] Exception caught loading asset: /dialog/guard.config:hail, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /dialog/guard.config:hail
    [0] 7ff76e287153

RtlUserThreadStart
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /dialog/guard.config
    [0]

RtlUserThreadStart
    [06:38:02.213] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/npcs/bmain.lua"]:162: (StarException) Lua Exception caught running action node sayToEntity in behavior villageguard: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/actions/dialog.lua"]:18: (AssetException) Error loading asset /dialog/guard.config:hail
    [0]

My guess is that when a guard attempts to converse without first being prompted by the player, they bug out and the game terminates them. I can talk to them still at least.

7. Iris Blanche

Some mod has a syntax error. Dunno which one tho. <.<

8. gMaImNeDs

Edit: I thought I'd finally fixed the problem with guards dying, but all I did was fix whether or not they could hail. Apparently hailing doesn't cause them to croak.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018