1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Viewing connections with the wiring tool should be disabled in protected areas.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by The Observer, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Now, yes, I already know that rewiring objects in protected dungeons doesn't work. However, you can still pull out your wiring tool and see the connections between nodes.

That kinda defeats the entire point of traps, secrets, and puzzles which the devs and modders painstakingly come up with. No point to the acid trap in the floran missions, or sneakily-hidden pressure plates if one can just pull out their wiring tool and instantly see all connections and nodes.

So yes, I'd like to suggest that nodes and wiring connections be hidden so long as one of the connected points is marked as protected.

kafkaphoenix likes this.
  2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I vote no. No more coding things that people can "exploit" if they want to. No more wasting time. Get the game done.

Gotcha! likes this.
  3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I think one solution would be -

only see the wires you place.
    An only see wires of devices which you activate.

So until you use one of the devices [ trigger trap - or pull switch ] you won't be able to see the associated wires.
    This also makes pvp traps practical.

4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

The game will be done when its done, skipping necessary features (Personaly i would consider this as such) will simply present a unfinished product as done, its not recommended.

Harlander and Serenity like this.
  5. It's a known issue, don't worry!

TheLoanArranger likes this.
  6. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Please close this thread, then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.