Version Selector

Discussion in 'Other' started by Taink, May 25, 2016.

?

Would you like a version selector in the launcher ?

1. Yes, that would make everyone happy

2. No, there is no need for this in the launcher

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Taink

Taink Subatomic Cosmonaut

I heard much of the players preferred an older version of the game. I don't really know if it really is possible, but I guess adding a version selector to the launcher would get everyone happy about the game. Nostalgists would be happy and so would be those who prefer the game in its current state. This could be the solution to have no complaints about "They removed my favorite content in the game". And also, if possible, a multiplayer support for the older version (but not necessarily via Steam, because I don't think it really is possible).
    Approximately 90% of the negative reviews on Steam are about the fact you removed the older content. Not everyone like changes, but hey, this could be a thing, don't you think ?

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The love of the older versions is mostly nostalgia. Having played it when it was new, and looking back at it now, it was very bland in basically every aspect. There are a few things that would be nice to see again, IE mini-boss type creature encounters, temperature, and.... that is about it really.

If you really want what the old versions had, than this mod will give it to you. http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/585/?

3. Taink

I'm not saying that I prefer the older versions, but this was an idea about making everybody happy about the game. But thanks for the mod, though.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Chucklefish has no obligation to make people happy in that manner. If they aren't happy with the game now (Or how it will be with 1.0) then the game simply is not for them. They invested in a game, fully knowing that the end result may not be what they like.

5. Taink

I agree. But, yeah, I'd like everyone to be happy about a good game. And this would be funny to see how the game evolved without having to install a mod. This is why this thread is a suggestion. And only a suggestion.