Vehicles with a drill (Underground Vehicles)

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Excuritas, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Excuritas

Excuritas Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    Do i have to say more ? xD

I like the idea of sitting in such a thing, driving my way trough the underground of a planet and building tunnels in the process.
    Maybe you need fuel to run it so you cannot drive with it forever or resources mined with this thing can't be collected since the drill destroys everything, so its not unfair instead of mining your way down to the core of the planet.

I just dont know how huge the planets will be so yeah, this is my suggestion.
    (Having this on a big asteroid would be pretty handy i think)

(Now with rockets :O *joke*)
    [​IMG]

(Basic concept)
    [​IMG]

2. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

Why not. Late game right?
    Probably as an anti-endgamer thing, of course it needs fuel, and you have to "renew" whatever material the drill is made of to continue mining effectively.

NOTE: Effectively, doesn't mean it will break,etc.

Cheers

Bearo and aprhend1 like this.
  3. ArkhamCityGamer

ArkhamCityGamer Master Chief

This sounds amazing. And it totally fits into the game's theme.. good one.

4. Excuritas

Sure thing, laaaaaaaaaaaaate game :3

I like that.

5. Taylor

Taylor Pangalactic Porcupine

I a....
    Yes

6. geomark123

geomark123 Title Not Found

great idea :up:

7. The_n00b_Daniel

The_n00b_Daniel Orbital Explorer

I would love to get a mech with drills, paint it red, and name it Lagann.

Dagaz, Evinagro, dahlon and 1 other person like this.
  8. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wooo! yes

9. King Leonidas

King Leonidas Pangalactic Porcupine

i wanna know what game that picture is from and how to get it.
    it looks like star wars galactic battlegrounds
    plz plz tell meh
    if you do i will follow you! (in a good way)

Excuritas likes this.
  10. Excuritas

King Leonidas likes this.
  11. Rippedfang

Rippedfang Phantasmal Quasar

12. Digs

Digs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I support any drill that will pierce the heavens. Is this such a drill?

Excuritas likes this.
  13. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Hamdrax now in vehicle form

King Leonidas, Excuritas and Gellelao like this.
  14. Iamapotato

Iamapotato Master Chief

15. Sneech

Sneech Void-Bound Voyager

I love this topic. I upvoted it as hard as I could. Since I liked it so much, I took this idea, along with a bunch of other peoples awesome vehicle ideas and made a combined suggestion.

In order to satisfy everyone in their creative desire what is really needed is a vehicle hangar/garage/bay area that would be part of a players space station. In it players could be able to build, customize, and store their vehicles for use on planets. The bay itself could be upgraded with resources to increase the amount of vehicles stored, vehicle size, type, amount of customization options, etc. With a system implemented like this, it could satisfy the multiple suggestion topics that include different types of vehicles like, subs, aircraft, mechs, and multi-person vehicles.

I've created a suggestion for this here: http://playstarbound.com/suggestions/?p=view&id=8183
    Please upvote it since it will help making vehicles with drills a part of the game!

Together we can get it to the TOP!​

King Leonidas likes this.
  16. Evinagro

Evinagro Cosmic Narwhal

Rather than making it 100% endgame, what about something like Motherload(flash game) where you have to upgrade the drill to mine through certain materials or maybe even past a certain depth?

17. Obli

Obli Seal Broken

Supposedly, the way mechs (and I guess other vehicles) will work is by spawning with a set amount of energy which decreases over time and when they take damage. Running out of energy would cause the vehicle to despawn and give it a cooldown until it could be used again. It seems like it would be fairly simple to have this apply to a drill vehicle, where it would lose energy over time and lose more depending on how tough the material it is trying to drill through is. It could be permanently or temporarily upgraded to allow it to drill through tougher materials or even survive a short trip through lava.

I think this is a cool suggestion, especially if some sort of modular upgrade system is implemented for vehicles.

Upvoting with the force of a thousand suns. :fusrodah:

Subl1ght likes this.
  18. Aleutian

Aleutian Space Hobo

This is an awesome idea.

19. Subl1ght

Subl1ght Space Spelunker

I just had the same idea! I think the hand operated drills are kinda dumb, THIS IS THE FUTURE! A drilling mech would be perfect.

20. deuley

deuley Space Spelunker

Amazing, great idea.