Vehicle Hangar/Garage to create, store, and customize vehicles

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Sneech, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Sir Skywatcher

Sir Skywatcher Master Chief

I like your idea. It reminds me a bit of the garage system in RAGE.

2. kidnamerock

kidnamerock Big Damn Hero

best idea ever
    maybe i can have that
    gurren lagnn i always wanted

3. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ooh, bullets. Fancy.
    ... To the point, this is one of the few suggestions that are actually any good. Infact, it's really good! You certainly have my support.

4. Toksiik

Toksiik Orbital Explorer

I am fore this, oh please chucklefish!

5. aprhend1

aprhend1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Love this idea, i know lots of people have already commented but i just wanted to show my support and hopefully get it in the game:)

6. crazygamer2255

crazygamer2255 Phantasmal Quasar

aw nice, customization vehicles +1 for this

7. themaster6869

themaster6869 Seal Broken

I love this idea but, will weapons be upscaled when you install them I think we shouldn't be putting assault rifles on my tank but a gigantic minigun this would make sence as you could upscale the weapon and install it on your vehicle based on its size for instance: I have a sniper rifle I put it on a bike and it stays the same if I put it on a mech however it becomes a main cannon

8. Arbie2

Arbie2 Big Damn Hero

Don't forget the paint jobs.

9. mrtallyman

mrtallyman Starship Captain

all for it so far, though I'd wonder if vehicles would also fall under the "racial unique" system like armor, and if making enough chassis for them to be customizable in a meaningful way would be a chore for the devs (if we had a system like this at all, admittedly it'd probably come in bits and pieces with more customization options being added as they're finished.

10. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

11. Mogg

Mogg Pangalactic Porcupine

this isn't all that new as a suggestion since I've mentioned it countless times before, just not in such detail.
    But pretty much everything there is something I've actually posted about before.
    Most of my posts regarding this though were directed at its poor functionality as tech.

Vehicular Combat (Sea, Air, Land, and Space)
    Compilation of Suggestions & Annoyances

just search for my name in these posts.

Thank you Sneech for being noticed. At this point I don't care about credit, so long as the message actually gets across finally.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  12. Sneech

Sneech Void-Bound Voyager

@Mogg I don't doubt that you and a lot of others have suggested similar ideas. I posted this suggestion a very long time ago but am glad it is finally getting some publicity. Before I posted, I spent a great deal of time reading other peoples suggestions involved with vehicles and combat and got many ideas from my fellow peers. As such I do not take credit for any of this, I just would love it if something similar to what we've suggested gets into the game!

Mogg likes this.
  13. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

great idea

14. soarin24

soarin24 Void-Bound Voyager

i love this idea

15. Niels2012

Niels2012 Void-Bound Voyager

I love this idea, not just for vehicles, but just in general, i.e. at the last tier of weaponry I really like the damage on the weapons, but I don't like the looks of them, while having something to "fully" customize the weapons (i.e. the handle on your sword, the blade of your axe, the arrows of your bow, etc.) is a good addition to most games in my opinion, because it opens creativity and customization towards players on servers and such, now I don't mind seeing the same thing over and over again, what I do mind is the lack of customization in most games these days

edit: and if this will be added in game, then I think the pinguin bay has a new feature, and if you don't mind, could you add a new type of vehicle to the list: "mobile" (jetpack you carry on your back for example)?

soarin24 likes this.
  16. YoruToboe

YoruToboe Void-Bound Voyager

I like your idea, i was thinking that the vehicles on this game are pretty limited, I struggle to move underwater so i thought of a submarine since we have boats why not submarines... Then i thought of some suggestion back that asked for ways to explore magma and poison seas. . . And your idea seem pretty good since instead of having a ball that spawn the vehicle we could have it "Dropped Down" from the orbit from your ship(a cool animation that would woomp the vehicle thing). . . The Upgrades could be like Poison Resistance or Fire Resistance, Or stuff like that so we could breath and resist for more exploration. . .

17. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just three things:

first thing: this is the top thread of the suggestions section
    second thing: it is 3 years old
    third thing: there are still only 2 damn useless vehicles in the game

nough said

i cant even express how much this game disappointed me after discovering 1.0 had nearly zero changes compared to when the game launched years ago