Building/Ship Various Buildings of The Squid

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by The Squid, Feb 22, 2019.

1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Figured since I built a bunch of stuff and am also currently building a bunch of stuff, I might as well share it with the community (or what's left of it :D). Enjoy.

I'm working on a desert planet for my Glitch, who wears Novakid armor because it looks cool. Here's what I've got so far.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 3.23.48 PM.png I call it "The Dusty Piano" since it's got a piano on the balcony. A lot of the initial building was based off of the structures you can find in Novakid towns, since I didn't know where to start. I spawned in all of the NPCs.
    Underneath the saloon is what I call the Fish Man's Cave. When I built the saloon I cleared off a bunch of land, and there was a hylotl merchant that used to walk around all over the place who I'd trapped underground. I built a cool little grotto for him, which is only accessible through a really confusing network of caves that I partially destroyed while clearing land.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 5.16.21 PM.png

I'm planning on expanding this to encompass more of the desert just because I think the idea of a huge Fenerox settlement looks cool. This is what's there at the moment
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.12.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.12.01 PM.png

Of course there's gotta be a jail. First floor is the Sheriff's office, second and third are the cell blocks, and up top is the prison yard. I like the two roof structures cuz they kinda look like the Novakid armor the guy on the bottom right's wearing.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.17.31 PM.png

I've built a couple other structures with this character that are kinda cool.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.10.34 PM.png
    Planning on building more houses like this around the desert, with the end goal of a small town.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.14.56 PM.png
    This one's supposed to be like a moonshine distillery or something way out in the desert.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.21.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.21.26 PM.png
    Small campsite I made when I first landed.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.20.16 PM.png
    This one's on a different planet in the same system, so I thought I'd include it. I spawned in 4 of the NPCs, and two of them are my crew (tiger hat and the wrench guy. I used a crew customization mod). These guys buy/sell Erchius fuel. Like an illegal alternative to Letheia Corp. or whatever the in-game fuel company's called.

This was a toxic ocean planet that I terraformed into a lush planet, and then the main island I used an alpine microformer on.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.34.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.35.57 PM.png
    I think this is pretty cool looking. I had fun making it. Underneath the town I went a little crazy. On the wall of the watchtower there's a little tile that opens up a secret door (it's off of the ground so that NPCs down touch it). When you get down, there's two hidden doors that open up (they're opened here cuz they're wired to the lights). The one to the right just has the lever that opens the window so you can look out into the ocean and admire the view. To the left, there's a passageway that goes back for a while.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.37.10 PM.png
    Next to the golden rabbit on the right, there's another hidden tile that opens up the wall (made of hidden doors), exposing a chest, a motion sensor, and lighting the torch. If you go near the motion sensor, a whole column of hidden trap doors opens up, forming a chute that drops you right into the poison. The whole thing is wired to a timer so that it closes after like 10 seconds.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.37.40 PM.png
    Finally, after some more hidden tiles and stuff, there's this room, which has the alpine microformer in it. Might expand more off of this at a later date.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.38.04 PM.png
    Here's some context for all this. I was reading a book about the Knights Templar and these other secretive societies that originated at that time, and I thought that the whole concept sounded pretty cool, so I started building a secret area underneath the village. Most of it isn't really visible from the surface when the lights are off, which is pretty cool as well. The backstory in my head is that there's a secret society of self-aware Glitch who worship rabbits and believe that the rabbit gods made their islands habitable, and this is where they worship.

This is where the lower class of Glitch live and work. The first picture has the underground area, which is supposed to be a cross-section of dormitory-type living quarters where the workers live. I'm not entirely satisfied with it, and I forgot to finish it. The little wooden hatch is just gonna open up a second row of houses I think.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.39.51 PM.png
    This is just the field. Might add some background walls to it or something to make it look better.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.40.15 PM.png

This one's still a major WIP but I put it in anyway.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.41.49 PM.png

These are just some other buildings I made when I first started building things. First is a store, second is the house of a high ranking Miniknog official. Neither of them are that great, but I invested time and energy building them, so I guess that's what makes them valuable. Some other stuff I'll add later on.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.34.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.30.20 PM.png

That's all

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  2. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

Omg I fall in love with this buildings !!! :nurunaughty: wow!!! And no mods?

The Squid likes this.
  3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Thanks! And no, none that impact building. The only ones I use (not pictured here) is one that adds more teleporters and one that let you customize crew members

4. MadnessHENRY

MadnessHENRY Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice! Good to see some buildings with no mod, also it had some good style in it that I can study, No offense, just try to learn something new in here.:nuruhappy:

The Squid likes this.