1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Variety is the spice of the Universe 1.0.1.1 for Enraged Koala

Over 50+ new biomes, 10+ new weather types, new music & more

1. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

He did, but stopped it soon after. You can look at the link to his twitter, he has not posted in months, and he has not visited Starbound forums in months.

2. Raindrac

Raindrac Existential Complex

ok... where do I start?

I'm gonna be honest, Vitsou is pretty mediocre in hindsight. Almost every biome is just a collage of copy/pasted assets and recolors. There are a few original ideas, but little original content. Furthermore, every biome had next to no variety. If you've seen a biome once then you've seen every other planet of that biome. Don't get me wrong, reusing assets every now and then isn't necessarily bad, but doing it with literally every asset is.
    If the Vitsou were updated then I'd like those problems to be solved so that it could actually be turned into a quality mod, like I intended with Vitsou 2 before I gave up on finishing it. That means new micro-dungeons, new micro-biomes, and new plants. If I'm asking too much then I understand, because creating a bunch of biomes on par with what Chucklefish created is pretty time-consuming.

But I don't want to hold anyone back; I'm fine if there's demand for an updated version of Vitsou without any changes. Feel free to update the mod and do whatever you want to it.
    As for why I haven't said anything about this yet, I have a terrible habit of putting my head in the sand out of shame whenever I can't bring myself to finish a project. This isn't the first, second or even third time I've done this. Sorry, guys.

3. Darkspinesupersonic8

Darkspinesupersonic8 Pangalactic Porcupine

In that case.. I'll post Vitsou here, then, for everyone to have at to see what they can do with it. It's alright, Dracyoshi. Even with it's simplicity, the mod was still amazing for it's time and imo still is amazing. Thank you for the amazing mod you had brought us to begin with!

Attached Files:

xaliber likes this.
  4. apinanaivot

Dracyoshi already posted a link to the download page, the link is in his message. (In the "feel free to update the mod" part.)

5. BlueShadow125

BlueShadow125 Space Hobo

so does this mean you will rebuild this mod?

6. apinanaivot

I started it with Xaliber, but haven't made progress, besides making a very wip snow forest biome.