1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Variety is the spice of the Universe 1.0.1.1 for Enraged Koala

Over 50+ new biomes, 10+ new weather types, new music & more

1. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Are you talking about a Nightly version, or the Stable version that hasn't been updated in months?

2. JasonPanic

JasonPanic Space Penguin Leader

stable sadly

3. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

I think the modder is just gone for good. We -really- need to get this edited to go "obsolete" or something by an admin to show that it's over and done with, since no one has heart from him in what, 7 months plus, now.

4. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I would like if the devs saw this mod and picked it up to add more biomes in the future. With the mod author having been gone for so long and how it all technically belongs to CF anyway since it uses their game, they can legally do that anyway.

5. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Better that the Developers / Chucklefish introduce this Mod in the Vanilla Game with some more Biomes added ( people suggestions in this thread ), like they said on Reddit !

6. Raindrac

Raindrac Existential Complex

If anybody wants to take this over for when the Nightlies start progressing to Unstable and eventually Stable, let me know.

After my computer broke down, I lost interest in updating and working on the mod by the time that it was repaired. I decided to wait a bit until I regained interest and even started working on the mod every so often for a day or two, but burnt out every time.
    I never bothered to post about this on the forum because I didn't want to make any false promises of an update knowing that, and I didn't really want to hand the mod over either... and as time went on I felt terrible for ignoring this issue for so long to the point that I didn't want to post. I still do.

so I just threw the mod onto hiatus without posting on the thread itself a few months ago. I never bothered to update my Twitter because I don't really use Twitter. I only made that account for this mod..

So, summary: I got burnt out on updating the mod and I didn't want to post about it for various reasons. Now we're here.

I'm not sure what to do now, though. I have no idea who to hand the mod to, what needs updated in the mod and what to do about the Nightlies. There are probably so many changes in the Nightlies that the most of the mod if not all of it needs to be rewrited for when they get on Stable.

Anybody who wants to take over the mod needs to realize that. The existing image assets should be fine to use though.
    I'm also kind of afraid of handing the mod over to somebody who will also get burnt out quickly or just won't be able to finish the update.. I saw that happen before.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  7. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

My advice: approach CF and hand it over to them so they can have all the lovely extra biomes for vanilla.

8. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

i would, but i have tests (school)
    probably a bad idea

9. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

@ Draco : Yep, hand the Mod to Cucklefish so they can manage it and throw in the Vanilla Game all the job you have done ! Those new and badass Biomes need to be in the Game and for sure they will be happy to do this ! On Reddit they made a Post asking us players what Mods would like to see in the game when it will be Released !

The more biomes and variety we have, the better ! :)

Zuvaii likes this.
  10. Aegis J Hyena

Yes. Hand the mod to Chucklefish, or to the guy who does Freakin' Flora. Your mod is what made the game playable for me. It would be a war crime for it not to be picked up and continued by someone. You're the giant who'll be stood upon in order to make it even better :)

Cheezemaniac and Zuvaii like this.
  11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I'd not mind mixing pieces of this in with FrackinFlora, since I already add a ton of biomes in and have a compatibility patch for Visotu. Seems a natural fit to toss some more biomes in at this point. I don't need all (specifically, the "vanilla" ones you modified, since I already have modified vanilla biomes) but a heap of others I could certainly adapt! I'll need to do tons of biome work anyhow, for Nightly when it moves to Stable.

12. Harasha the Avian

Harasha the Avian Void-Bound Voyager

if you're still watching this draco. I get a crash on startup
    (starException)an error occured during loading:
    (storedfunctionexception) error parsing storedconfigFunction
    descriptor
    caused by: (vairantException) (variantException) improper conversion
    to int from string get(0)
    clientApplication::postSplashinitialzation ()
    ClientApplicaion::update()
    starApplicationbase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _consol_main

I'm on unstable update path

13. Aegis J Hyena

Harasha: Not being updated or fixed unless someone else picks it up. Don't bother.

14. Aegis J Hyena

You heard it from the Developer's Mouth. I guess this means the guy doing FF should pick it up, stand on Dracyoshi's shoulders, and get to work! Heh.

15. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Well sayter, looks like you get to pick up this mod and integrate it into Frackin' Flora, maybe he could do the same for Starscape as well perhaps?

16. Discohydra

Discohydra Phantasmal Quasar

Agreed. Sayter, carry on this wonderful mod in the soon to come Frackin' Universe!

sayter likes this.
  17. Raindrac

I've been fiddling around with modding in the current unstable.. Slow progress, but I have a biome working.(Frostfire)
    [​IMG]
    It currently uses the volcanic biomes weather... and that weather just happens to be melting all of the snow.

No promises on if I'll ever finish this though. If I end up getting burnt out yet again, I'll see about getting sayter to pick this up.

Saying that I got burnt out ended up getting me interested again because I had to get involved with Starbound to say it. Lovely.

Thundercraft likes this.
  18. WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

Good to see you back. And maybe you should bring him in anyway, just in case.

Aegis J Hyena likes this.
  19. Raindrac

Quick question:
    What should be done about the Flatisector? Just completely remove it?
    Sectors aren't a thing in the unstable/nightly anymore, and I can't think of a better way to implement it.

20. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I'd remove the Flatisector entirely.

TeddyBearYoshi likes this.