1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Vanilla Multiplayer Keeps Breaking

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Jerome Space, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Jerome Space

Jerome Space Space Hobo

So me and a couple friends started a starbound playthrough and for the past couple days it's been completely fine until earlier tonight. We aren't using any mods or cheats, and nothing seems out of place in my log file. I found a topic posted years ago of someone describing the same issue, but it remains unresolved. Here's the link to that topic.

Anyways, to put it in my own words, I'll play the game normally for a few minutes until it suddenly "softlocks". It doesn't crash or give me an error message or close itself or anything of the sort. It just stops. I can't interact with the environment, like opening and closing doors. NPCs don't respond to me and enemies don't take damage anymore. If I disconnect from the server I go back to the main menu as usual, but upon trying to reconnect it says it failed. That's about the extent of what I understand regarding this issue...

My specs should be more than enough to run this game, but I'll post them just in case.

GPU: RTX 2080 Ti
    CPU: Ryzen 3950x
    32 GB of ram
    1 TB m.2 ssd
    4 TB hard drive (this is where the game is installed)
    Probably something else I'm missing but I can't imagine it matters that much.

Last but not least, my log file should be attached to the post.

I'm hoping to hear back from someone soon.

Status update: After verifying the game files came back positive and the problem persisted, I tried reinstalling the game on my SSD. Additionally, I tried restarting my router as I suspected it might have been a connection problem. It wasn't.

I recorded a clip of exactly what happens. In the clip, I type something in chat. It isn't very obvious in the video, but my friends can't actually see that message in chat because by the time I've sent it I've already disconnected or whatever. I posted the log files from this exact scenario. After the video ends, I disconnect like you usually would, despite already having been disconnected from the server due to this bug, then I exit the game from the main menu. Hopefully this helps resolve the problem.

Also, the audio in the clip is a little strange. You only hear me through the left because I have an audio interface with two channels that I use to record my mic, and you can't hear my friends because I have a wireless headset configured with two playback devices, one for games and one for communications. If you couldn't tell from watching, I'm in a discord call with my friends.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2021
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Can you provide the log of the host/server when this issue happens? This is most likely not a client-side issue here.