1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Values defined in bodyconfig file that do absolutely nothing, yet exist

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Wasabi_Raptor, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Wasabi_Raptor

Wasabi_Raptor Void-Bound Voyager

this is an issue that concerns modders first and foremost, all species will default to using the values defined in humanoid.config but you have some species like penguin that use penguinoid.config, or some modded species like one of my own that have their own config to have their body mapped differently

however, there are some values defined here, that do not do anything at all, namely
    "headArmorOffset"
    "chestArmorOffset"
    "backArmorOffset"
    "legsArmorOffset"

while I myself am only concerned with the headArmorOffset, and if I'm being honest I'd like to have a general head offset that isn't tied to global since that messes with the projected matter manipulator beam, which is another issue of itself

I could list a number of things that I'd like to have offsets for or just have defined per species in general, but I'll keep this focused on these things here that appear to have an intention to be used and are in unmodified vanilla assets, but are entirely defunct and useless no matter how they are defined

and for something I am unsure on, there is a "feetOffset" which also seems to do nothing, but I can only assume would be the distance from head to foot to spawn the dust when jumping, but this seems to do nothing as well

or this is a case of me not understanding what these are supposed to be doing, but all in all, changing these values in a bodyconfig has no visible effect on the species at all