Utility Mechs

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by BastianHawk, Jul 31, 2013.

?

Do you think Utility Mechs would add to or over complicate the game?

1. It would add to the game.

96.0%
  2. It isn't necessary and would over complicate things.

4.0%
  1. Splint Zero

Splint Zero Poptop Tamer

On the note of mech bases on legs or tracks, some planets have really mountainous terrain, so how about an avengers style FLYING BASE. Think about it, a rope to rappel/climb up and down. Big honking turbine to keep it flying, and best of all AIR TO GROUND MISSLES!!!!

peterd and SPARTEN1337 X13 like this.
  2. Jason O

Jason O Phantasmal Quasar

I love the idea of Mechs that aren't centered on/proficient in combat!

STCW262 and SPARTEN1337 X13 like this.
  3. peterd

peterd Space Hobo

just imagine if you could have a dope me
    .....YOUR A GENIUS :DDDD

4. Jannik2099

Jannik2099 Subatomic Cosmonaut

flying mega bases with a mech inside when they are big with missiles to bomb ground? BETTER NERF. maybe the base could have 6 or 8 spider legs which will adapt to the terrain, meaning that when there is flat ground the legs are orientated down and when there is a hill at the left, the legs will move to the left (of course the legs have some kind of sticky glue so you wont fall). and that would look much cooler!

SPARTEN1337 X13 likes this.
  5. MasterofKittens

MasterofKittens Subatomic Cosmonaut

What if the mobile bases had 4 sections of treads or something, and they moved up and down to keep the inside of the base level?

i.e

[___] [___]
    oooo | oo |
    Ground Here o88o
    8 88888

I'm sorry for my terrible representation of my idea.

6. domcing

domcing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mining mechs could be something of a walking drill that make it easy to discover large cave systems and mine at about twice the speed of a platinum pickaxe.

SPARTEN1337 X13 likes this.
  7. RULERULTAMIS

RULERULTAMIS Big Damn Hero

8. SuperSiili

SuperSiili Subatomic Cosmonaut

The player would have to make a mech building station into the ship, or get it from a ship upgrade and in it, you could build and customize the mechs. You could choose between a mech class like the explorers, flying mechs and other ones, but maybe to build a mobile base you need to upgrade the station. To the different mechs theres gear like different tools, so could be a tool mech that you can add different attachmments like picks, liguid collectors, axes and such. Then with a combat mech you can maybe have few different mech hulls, a light, medium and a heavy hull with different attachments. This is probably a bit too complicated and a bit overpowered in some cases, but i think it would be really cool.

9. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

agree with the mechs doing other jobs as well, machine aren't always built to be always combat mech.

10. S.A.A.

S.A.A. Subatomic Cosmonaut

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    MichailZERO likes this.
  11. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

I mean yes it sounds like a good idea and would add to the game but making it necessary for moving certain things and all that? I think that over complicates some things.

12. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hmmmmmm. this post seems to keep getting revived. 2013, 2014, and now 2015. just let it DIE people! :rip: