Modding Help Using $e in location based dialogue.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by NatParable, Jul 14, 2018.

1. NatParable

NatParable Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, i'm having a problem trying to create location specific dialogue in Stardew. I really hope this is the right place to ask.

So i'm using Content Patcher to give a character (Willy) location specific dialogue. The dialogue in question uses a combination of the $b and $e dialogue tags to separate the text. Now, if I put this dialogue under something more generic such as "Mon:", then it works as expected; you can talk to Willy multiple times to get multiple conversations, each one consisting of multiple message windows.

However, as soon as I try to tie this dialogue to a specific location, it doesn't work; all of the text after the first $e tag gets completed ignored, so Willy will just repeat the first few messages each time you talk to them.

So far i've tried both of the methods I know of:

1. I've tried injecting the dialogue into Willy's standard dialogue file, using the location in the dialogue's prefix ("FishShop_Mon:"). This was done in SDV 1.2.

2. I then tried updating to SDV 1.3 beta (updating Content Patcher as well of course), and injecting the dialogue into Willy's schedule strings, and then creating a new schedule for "Mon" that references said string when he's in the FishShop.

Both ended up with the same result.

Is there any way to get the $e tag to work with location specific dialogue?

HopeWasHere likes this.