REQUEST Use Casks Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Inkweaver22, Nov 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

I haven't found a mod that has done this yet so is anyone interested in it? Sure, the cellar has a lot of room for casks, but I'm not fond of having to go down there every time my products are done. I'd prefer to use them above ground.

• cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

I have the perfect solution :) but it will take alot of wood, because you will need 1 chest for every cask. if you use this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/211/? casks and other machines will automatically pull/push items from the chest back and forth. Put 5 grapes in the chest, then wait a second and you will see that the cask will automatically start. It will keep going until there are no more items to pull :). if you match it with this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/518/? Chests Anywhere, you'll never see your cellar again :). If you do get Chests Anywhere, http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/242/? Chest Label System helps alot. I love my mods :rofl:

• Inkweaver22

Dang. That's a very involved process. And super smart too. It sounds good, but I have the maximum amount of casks down in my cellar. I don't want to have to remove half of them to add chests. Plus I use my cellar for wines. I want an above-ground shed for my cheeses. Thanks for the awesome suggestion though! I'll keep it in mind if I start a new farm.

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

@Inkweaver22 meant casks - the ones added in 1.1 and can only be used in the cellar.
          You're talking about kegs. ;)

• cat9412

cat9412 Big Damn Hero

im sorry T^T

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Not possible to do without adding a whole new machine, the Cask simply refuses to work anywhere but a Cellar-type location, what CAN be done (And @tegobash's new mod will use ALL 1.2's features to do so) is add new Cellar-type locations.

Inkweaver22 likes this.
              • bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

Don't worry about it! Your post was still very helpful, just not in this particular case :)

• Inkweaver22

So is it possible to modify sheds so that the casks think they are in a cellar?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Nope, those implement the Decoratable ability, and due to how those abilities are implemented, you can only have one of those.

• Inkweaver22

Dang. So what's that new mod @tegobash will be making?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I wont spoil to much, but the mod comes with a Winery area that you can unlock by paying gold, the inside of this area is setup to act like the Cellar, so Casks will work there.