1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Uros IV (RAM's version) V 4.0

A ship that's a small, domed world.

1. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Yep. using it in stable. bit busy atm, but if you need any more information I'll get it asap

2. Old_Crazy_Gamer

Old_Crazy_Gamer Pangalactic Porcupine

@greenRAM Hey thanks for responding. I was talking about the above ground scenery, the enclosure and whats below the surface is great as is.

3. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Tested it out and it looks great. It's much better than the version up right now, so I'm just going to replace it instead. Additionally, your version of the mod ended up being much smaller, since it requires a lot less images. Thanks for the feedback. I thought I was done with the mod, but this feels much more complete now.

You also had criticism of the slope on the far right, so I leveled that out. I don't think I have a preference for or against the change, so I'll just leave in the change with the next update, ...which will be in a few minutes if I manage to get all the races up to date quickly.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  4. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Uros IV (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

Making it look better.

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. KazanaAoi

Is there any chance of making the ship parts breakable/movable? It feels... Odd having them in a random hole in the ground, with no way to move em :(
    Telling me how to do it for myself would also work

6. Old_Crazy_Gamer

@KazanaAoi its in the blockkey.config were the ship parts can be made breakable (ie True / False Statements). I was able to changed mine by doing this, just make notes on what you have changed (in case of error). For example i had a problem when i used the beamaxe on the fuel hatch it disappeared for some reason so be warned.

Currently i am using the CreativeMode Mod to test out other Mods and to build Ships and Bases if the need arises.

Well learned some things about about how to modify this and somethings are kiss simple and other things are a pain in the butt. Modifying the block.png and blockey.config is easy to moderate difficulty but modding a background.png i am still in the dark on since this effects the background star picture. But like most of my attempts they bear fruit. IF you are going to mod this make a test character and when you get the final product of what you would like make a new character.

@greenRAM Noticed in T8 that the lag is moderate (2-10 sec delay). I would suspect that this is due to size.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  7. greenRAM

Yup, I like movable objects too, but there seems to be some reasons why the vanilla game kept them stuck in place. Change it at your own risk.

The delay is horrible, but unavoidable. It's the price you have to pay it seems for a ship that's a small planet. I'll add a warning in the front page.

8. Old_Crazy_Gamer

@greenRAM i think the reason about keeping the items in one place is possible deletion or destroying of items and i know some items cannot be spawned using /spawnitem command anymore. Now as to why they keep being replaced when removed, not sure but i can guess it deals with the block.png in racial ship folder.

9. Azraile

Azraile Ketchup Robot

HOLLY @$@#% thats a big ship.

O.O

10. greenRAM

greenRAM updated Uros IV (RAM's version) with a new update entry:

A major problem solved!

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Drcokee

Drcokee Space Spelunker

Does it work on Multiplayer?

12. greenRAM

I don't know. I don't play multilayer or know how it works. I'm sorry. Guess I need more friends to play with.

13. Neoblade42

Neoblade42 Big Damn Hero

Tried using the Novakid version, n I don't notice it on my new character. Was hoping to use it to build a house in the ship. I didn't add the mod for all races, just the Novakid version dropped into the mod folder

14. KazanaAoi

You have to do enough of the game to reach Tier 4 (First actual ship upgrade, The first tiers are repairing your ship)

15. Neoblade42

Neoblade42 Big Damn Hero

Thank you for explaining this to me, I'll get to work on doing so.

16. Grizzlyadamz

Grizzlyadamz Intergalactic Tourist

Is there a way to have this as a secondary base you can tug around with you & visit from a more traditional ship? Read elsewhere someone had done something similar by using a second character/race in MP.

greenRAM likes this.
  17. greenRAM

That sounds like an amazing idea. I just created this as a ship, however if someone wants to build an outpost out of it that might be neat. They'd just need the original mod author's permission.

18. Tarnakk

Tarnakk Void-Bound Voyager

Hi Ram! Just wondering if this still works under Glad Giraffe? I seem to not be getting Uros IV.

19. greenRAM

Sorry about responding so late. It seems to be working just fine. You'll need to fix your vanilla ship first. Then, you'll need to update your vanilla ship after fixing it completely. Maybe some day I'll eventually get to working on a new version of this ship that will include the first initial tiers that you start out with. Maybe a much smaller dome for those. It will be a lot of work, so I'll need to be super inspired before I start that. :rofl:

edit: Done! Now, you can start out with the new ship.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  20. greenRAM