Modding Help [URGENT]Game log says a mod added object doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Akari_Enderwolf, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

I've been working on my own custom race mod and while testing it I kept getting errors, the most recent one making no sense whatsoever

Code:
    Error: UniverseServer exception caught: ObjectException: No such object named 'dimentrexcaptainschair'
      005F9333
      005F9E6F
      005F9F1A
      0069C664
      00A953F7
      004FDE28
      009681DC
      7C80B729

This is the error I get even though I'm looking right at the object folder and file. What I want to know is, what the heck is going on here!? I followed the structure of another mod with a custom captain's chair (Kawa's Felin mod)

The files and folders are spelled correctly, yet the game continues to say it doesn't exist.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

Can you post the whole log file, please? Sometimes the "final" error isn't as helpful as the errors leading up to it, if that makes any sense.

3. zortbg

zortbg Cosmic Narwhal

If the object is appearing OK in game - you can ignore that.
    I have ran a server and got like 100 of those messages for various modded objects, yet they appear in game for more than 2 people (server + client side) and they're totally playable without any issue. Still messages for those kept appearing in the server console on initialize of the server.

4. Akari_Enderwolf

This is singleplayer and my own mod. I can't even get into the game to see if the object is there.

Since putting the log in spoiler tags didn't work(froze and/or crashed my web browser each time) I'm going to upload it and just put a link to it here.

5. Denesta

Denesta Subatomic Cosmonaut

It does that when there is an error in the object file. It could be as simple as forgetting a comma somewhere.

*edit* looking at your log that seems to be it.

Code:
    /objects/dimentrex/dimentrexcaptainschair/dimentrexcaptainschair.object
    caused by: JsonParsingException: Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 19:3
    Going to take a wild guess and say that this line is the one missing the comma in the dimentrexcaptainschair.object
    Code:
    "inventoryIcon" : "<iconimage>.png",

zortbg likes this.
  6. Akari_Enderwolf

Actually the line that was missing the comma was the one with the dialogue for what the Dimentrex race would say when examining the chair from 2 lines up(one line was empty) It only says that early of a column if it's an error from a previous line.

Where in the log did you find that?

All errors fixed, got my mod up for download now here

zortbg likes this.