1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed UPNP Support?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Lieutenant General Sloth, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will there be UPNP support? Like terarria.

2. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

afk atm

Galactic Mindswipe likes this.

3. Oh, I love you Tiy...

Haha.

4. CakeBones

CakeBones Guest

am i missing something here

5. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope so because my router is a pain in the ass to configure ports on :(

6. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Yep.

7. dhxmg

dhxmg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wait, why do you have a "Jerk" award?

Is UPNP the stuff that makes it easier to port forward? I mean, I don't have a problem with that atm, but I guess it would be nice, don't think that's the highest priority atm tho...

8. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Tiy kinda is a jerk at times X3.

UPNP is one of the way to do that. I think another is net-pmp.

9. SPOOKS80

Well not everyone knows how to forward there own ports on there router and it does make life a hell of a lot easier, so I would say with the beta due out this year and multiplayer being a major selling point of this game I would say it is very important as not everyone can afford to rent a private server for example.

EDIT: And we also have to remember there will be young kids that also buy this game and they also might not know how to forward ports.

10. dhxmg

But surely they should ask their parents to help them with the forwarding? I mean, if you give someone a way to forward without the proper passwords and knowledge that wouldn't be a good thing? And googling will find you many good step by step guides...

11. SPOOKS80

That is true but again it would be easier just to have UPNP in the game and I think at the this stage in development it would not be too difficult to implement even if it was ready for the full release it would be an all round bonus.

12. dhxmg

Of course, but the problem is when you make it too easy, so you can push a button and not know what happens/the potential risks. Otherwise I completley agree, the easier it is to game with your friends the better ^^

13. Schwarzklang

Schwarzklang Space Spelunker

I hope it will get an easy way to connect. It was a pain in the pocket to get Terraria run in multiplayer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.