1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Upgrading Preorder Tier

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by SmashShock, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmashShock

SmashShock Poptop Tamer

Hi Starbound community (and hopefully some staff)! I would love to upgrade my current pre-order to a higher tier, as I would love to support the game that much more. Is there any way I can accomplish this, or do I have to buy the $75 tier separately. I am willing to do either, but alas; I'm just a student and I need to watch my spending. :up:

I've read that if I get a refund that it costs Cuddlefish, so could I possibly donate the remainder from my $22 donated (I added $2) to $77 with $55?​

Really sorry in advance for not choosing that package in the first place!​

Thanks so much,​
    SmashShock​

2. ShadetheDruid

ShadetheDruid Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll just quote myself from the misplaced thread to save time. :p

Basically there's no way to just pay the difference, unfortunately. :(

3. RodrigoKiller

RodrigoKiller Orbital Explorer

thats bad D:

Maw likes this.
  4. Pinchy

Pinchy Subatomic Cosmonaut

That is really discouraging, it kind of turned me off trying to get it sorted.

I had trouble finding any information on this at all, such as how the refund/buying another tier would work with my already existing account, I don't need two accounts

After experiencing other crowdfunded projects I just imagined there would be a way.

When they opened up tier upgrades for Path of Exile the money came flooding in.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  5. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

It's because they're using the Humble Store for distribution. The Humble Store has no way of facilitating upgrades, since the tiers are just classified as different products within the store. It is possible to get a refund and then buy a different tier. CF just don't like that because they don't get refunded the fee that Paypal charges for the first transaction.

Also, you can buy as many as you want, and assign them to your Humble account/ forum account. And if you get a refund to buy a different tier you can either just keep the badge you have in addition to the one you get from the new pre-order, or send a mod/ admin/ mollygos a PM to have it removed.

6. Pinchy

Pinchy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I see, it's a limitation of the Humble Store.

Since there's no donation function I can't just tip the second fee either.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.