Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Drexl Can you try it again, then upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page) and post a link here?

@Tuvka Unfortunately that mod is closed-source, so only the author is able to update it.

• GamerDel19

GamerDel19 Void-Bound Voyager

There's a ton of mods that're gonna be made useless with the new SMAPI- Kisekae, Self Service, Loved Labels, and PartOfTheCommunity, all of which are pretty great and (I think??) pretty commonly used mods. Anybody hopped onto updating these mods yet?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@GamerDel19 Updating your mods should fix most of them (see the purple update alerts in the SMAPI console). For the mods you listed:
        • Kisekae: updated.
        • Loved Labels: updated.
        • Part of the Community: updated.
        • Self Service: pull request submitted (I'll update it unofficially if needed).
        You can check the "3.0 ready" column at mods.smapi.io to know whether a mod will be updated. There's nothing to worry about if a mod says ✓ yes or ↻ soon, but you should notify the mod author as soon as possible if it says ✖ no.

• Head_Case

Head_Case Orbital Explorer

Anybody able to update Pelican Fibre? Thanks.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Head_Case It already has an unofficial update. You can check mods.smapi.io to find the latest downloads for SMAPI mods.

• Drexl

Drexl Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild
              Here it is with all my mods installed: https://log.smapi.io/seDqVedc
              Here is is with only Line Sprinklers and needed pre-reqs installed (probably the one you want): https://log.smapi.io/28Qi0pqh

No new recipes appear in my crafting pane. I've tried every sprinkler mod I can find on the nexus, and while not perfect, this is the only one that comes close to what I want. If you can help I'd be very grateful.

Maybe one day a configurable mod like Better Sprinklers, but that adds new objects and fixes the problem where you can't remove the default sprinkler range (Line Sprinklers solved it apparently) will be made.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
              • Hamsteroki

Hamsteroki Space Spelunker

I don't know if it's been already mentioned, but Farm Expansion is no longer compatible.
                I had the unofficial update posted on this thread installed but it doesn't work anymore.

• davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

I had not seen this post and thanks to that I have known the compatibility list of mods, Gift Taste Helper is again compatible with the current version of the game, it is the only mod I use.

Thanks *O*

• Head_Case

Head_Case Orbital Explorer

Thank you. Working again now!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Hamsteroki Make sure you have the latest unofficial update (see mods.smapi.io for links to the latest downloads). If it still doesn't work, can you upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page) and post a link here?

@Drexl That's weird. It adds the recipes for me, and your log shows that Json Assets does see them (e.g. "[Json Assets] Injecting to crafting recipes: Iridium Line Sprinkler (D): 645 1/what is this for?/300/true/null"). Can you post a screenshot of what you see in the crafting UI?

• netish

netish Void-Bound Voyager

Heya, long time no post >_< but I ran into an issue when updating all my mods- I use the developer console version of SMAPI and got all the latest versions (no errors) but when I was playing Prairie King the game suddenly locked up and I couldn't close or even tab to a different window. I checked my computer error log - cause I've had that happen before with a graphics card crash - but there were no recorded errors in my event viewer. Therefore that makes me think it is this mod causing the crash.
                        My SMAPI log - https://log.smapi.io/VKV7XV97
                        I looked through the log myself and it just showed the Prairie King loaded and nothing else. Furthermore, the crash tool shows no errors...so I'm kinda at a loss.
                        @Pathoschild do you have any advice or suggestions
                        (I customized and fixed kamilla's so I don't need to update to 3.0)

• oxpc098

oxpc098 Space Hobo

Will SpaceCore work with v.1.3.36?

• netish

@oxpc098 it works! I've used it for myself - I need it for some of my other mods - just make sure to use the most recent unofficial version and to copy your config file if you have one

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

netish likes this.
                            • netish

Nice! Must have been the pull Pathos submitted.

• Drexl

Drexl Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild I updated to the version of JSON Assets that released two days ago and now it works. I have no idea what changed. I've carefully checked everything many times, but now it's working. I'll just stay confused and accept it at this point. Thanks for looking into it.

Edit: If you get a chance to update it for SMAPI 3 that'd be cool, but I have no plans on updating my game or SMAPI until all the mods I use are updated anyway, and that's a lot of mods. :D

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
                                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@netish Does it happen consistently, or just once?

@Drexl Json Assets should already be updated for SMAPI 3.0. If you're seeing deprecation warnings, can you upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page) and post a link here?

• netish

@Pathoschild so I did some troubleshooting - and I figured it out! The game glitches if you go over 9 lives collected - you are fine until you collect what would make the tenth.

• derpymoogle

derpymoogle Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild The Part of the Community Mod throws an error if I give a gift to anyone in a family. Log is here. https://log.smapi.io/99aQEEZE Sorry to bother you. I know it isn't your mod but since you provided the unofficial update I was hoping you could help.

• netish

@derpymoogle just a fyi - some of your mods (Bee House Fix, Better Ranching, Empty Hands, Help Wanted Quest Fixes, Horse Whistle, HP Bar, No Seeds From Trees Fix, and Persistent Game Options) are probably broken and might be involved in causing the error...

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.