Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huancz

huancz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Core mod works. I'm not sure what SpaceCore does with skills, desc at nexus only says "framework used by few other mods".

Cooking skill adapter is separate mod, which I didn't try to update. I'm not sure what the deal is with luck, there are some source files dealing with luck skill, so it should be part of the mod. If it doesn't work, I'm not sure how to help, as I use neither cooking nor luck skill.

• roboliutas

roboliutas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The core mod makes some changes to the skill page, which prestige mod doesn't like

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
      • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Oooh, I've never seen this mod, but it's very nice. Only issue I noticed is that it's not compatible with new assets (CFR, JA, etc). The machines have a place in the menu, but are invisible and not ID'd properly. Not sure if this would be a fix on BetterCrafting's end or the others.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Greetings, would/could some kind coding person please take a look at Befriend Marlon and Gunther? I had just started working on leveling up their friendships when 1.3.32 dropped.. =/

• rvah

rvah Void-Bound Voyager

• realihzayshun

realihzayshun Big Damn Hero

Hi! I think this is the right place to post, but if not, apologies.

I ran across this mod, Dynamic Horses (Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/874 Source code: https://github.com/Bpendragon/DynamicHorses) which seems cool, but is not working with the new updates, according to the SMAPI Mod Compatibility list. Despite never modding anything before, I figured since it's open source I would see if it simply needed to be opened up and... recompiled(?), or something, with the new 2.2(?) package... (...or something. I saw mention of some stuff like this with other mods that needed updating.) That doesn't seem to be the case. After about an hour or two of research, there are three or so errors that I can't make go away and I have so many finals I should be studying for that I can't excuse spending more time fiddling with this.

Because of my total inexperience, I have no idea if this is an easy fix/update or not, but I figured I'd offer the mod up as an update request. I can't imagine how much work everyone has been putting into this, and if no one gets to this, I completely understand. To repeat everyone else: thank you so much for all of the work you guys have all put in. It really makes the Stardew experience 1000x better, and I know tons of people appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@rvah The upcoming Automate 1.11 adds an API to support custom machines, so all Custom Farming Redux machines should be automated once Custom Farming Redux itself is updated to use the API.

Neferatem and rvah like this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

This file is outdated; see mods.smapi.io for the latest updates.

Thanks! Here's the same update, but with the version fixed to enable update alerts. (This one is weird since the latest official version is a beta.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
                  DaniellobatO likes this.
                • Seodanrot

Seodanrot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very broken. Untitled.png

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Seodanrot

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@huancz @Seodanrot SpaceCore was updated yesterday, which seems to have broken the unofficial Skill Prestige update. Those errors happen when you open the skill menu.

• Seodanrot

Aye same errors as before.

• Kastallia

Kastallia Void-Bound Voyager

Can you please make a screenshot or something like that so I can get a better idea of what the problem is? Since this was the first time I fixed a mod

• Los2tale

Los2tale Void-Bound Voyager

Did this work on multiplayer ?

• oh no

oh no Big Damn Hero

Hey, thanks for taking the time to update all these mods! I've been getting an error using this version of Part of the Community, it fires after I go to bed:

Code:
                            [Part of the Community] This mod failed in the SaveEvents.BeforeSave event. Technical details:
                            System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                               at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                               at SB_PotC.ModEntry.EndOfDayUpdate(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.PartOfTheCommunity\PartOfTheCommunity\ModEntry.cs:line 325
                               at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent.Raise() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 150
                            Game seems to run fine regardless and I haven't noticed anything breaking yet.

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Does this help?

Attached Files:

• WildServal

WildServal Void-Bound Voyager

May I wonder if it is possible to update this mod? (Save Anywhere)
                                https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/444

It seems that it has an open-source code. It has a topic here, but it seems to be dead (as well as the mod page on Nexus)
                                https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/save-anywhere-new-home.116031/

So, is it possible to update it? I'm sorry if it was discussed earlier. This mod is a big time saver for me so I feel a need to use it (newer versions of SMAPI refuse to upload the mod).

• Escaleone

Escaleone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's an update based on version 2.8.1 from the GitHub source code (the Development branch version from August 6 2018, for anyone interested). The "current" Dev branch is actually at version 3.0.0, but appears unfinished, and the developer has talked about phasing out support for their mods this year.

Anyway, this version appears to work correctly in testing, though I'm not especially familiar with it. Hope this helps.

Edit: The dev just posted over on Nexus about trying to update all their mods this month, so keep an eye out for any official updates~

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
                                    AeonaMori likes this.
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

It sounds like you can ignore the error for now, until the original author looks into it. (I only updated the mod for compatibility, I'm not maintaining the mod otherwise.)

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.