Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

See this mod: https://mods.smapi.io/#Animal_Sitter

rayfan likes this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

These files are outdated; see mods.smapi.io for the latest updates.

Here are Quality Products and AutoQualityPatch, updated to fix common errors and help prepare for the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.4. (I sent a pull request to the author.)

Changes since the official release:

• Fixed save error in some cases.
      • Fixed config.json being overwritten when players update.
      • (AutoQualityPatch) Fixed error spam when there's insufficient items for a recipe.
      • (AutoQualityPatch) Fixed errors when patching Automate not marked as AutoQualityPatch errors.
        [*]Internal refactoring.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
      • powerdemon

powerdemon Void-Bound Voyager

A huge thank you to Pathoschild for all your work. It is much appreciated. That's a mighty nice thing to do for all of us.

Truvey Taylor and Pathoschild like this.
        • Crystallyne

Crystallyne Void-Bound Voyager

I have suddenly encountered a significant issue in my game, and it appears to be coming from this mod. In the process of rearranging my various machines (kegs, preserve jars, furnaces, etc) when I hit them with my pickaxe, a copy of that machine would bounce up and go into my inventory, but another copy remained on the ground. I could hit the machine repeatedly and get as many copies of that machine as I wanted, but the original machine would not be removed.

I started pulling out mods that I added recently, and then putting them back in one by one. I narrowed it down to this particular mod causing the issue. Once the "AutoQualityPatch" and "QualityProducts" folders were removed, it went back to normal. I could not identify if it was conflicting with another mod.

In case it might be conflicting with another mod, here is a list of the mods I currently have installed:

[​IMG]

No error messages were generated in the SMAPI window when this happened. If there's anything else I can do to narrow down the problem, please let me know!

EDIT: I realized I could test this even further, and figure out if it was conflicting with another mod or not. I made a new farm, and only had AutoQualityPatch, QualityProducts, CJBItemSpawner, and CJBCheatsMenu installed. I used the item spawner to put down a bunch of machines, and then went to bed. I removed all the mods except QualityProducts, and reloaded the game.

This was the result:

[​IMG]

It only seems to affect the machines that make artisan products, which makes sense. So it seems to be a problem with QualityProducts alone, and not a conflict with another mod.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Crystallyne I have an experimental rewrite of Quality Products that should fix that and a few other issues, but I'll need someone to try it out. If you're interested, come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord and I'll send you a custom build to try.

• Crystallyne

Crystallyne Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild I'd love to help out! On my way over to Discord. :kitten2:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

These files are outdated; see mods.smapi.io for the latest updates.

Here are Quality Products and AutoQualityPatch, updated to fix common errors and prepare for the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.4. (I sent a pull request to the author.)

Changes since 2.1.3-unofficial.1:

• Internal rewrite.
                • Improved compatibility with other mods.
                • Fixed save crashes in some cases when used with custom-location mods.
                • Fixed machine duplication bug.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
                  Theoran, vadie and minervamaga like this.
                • xbukimina

xbukimina Void-Bound Voyager

Has anyone updated Stardew Brewery? It's sadly no longer compatible and I haven't been able to find an unofficial update anywhere :(

• xuqingxin

xuqingxin Void-Bound Voyager

Can the Chest Pooling be repaired? The author has not been online for half a year.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
                    • messagesarescary

messagesarescary Aquatic Astronaut

Hello! I've discovered that this version of this mod is (not entirely but somehow) incompatible with other mods.
                      • (with StackSplitX 1.5) StackSplitX's shift+right-click doesn't work when in the cooking menu
                      • (with Bigger Backpack 1.2) The additional rows by the bigger backpack are hidden (Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/T3Vc3GB)
                      I will be happy if you tackle these issues/bugs.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Please note that posts must be in English or contain a translation. I've added one for you this time but it's your responsibility from now on. Thanks.

• LadyWhimsy

LadyWhimsy Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@LadyWhimsy Skull Cavern Elevator is up to date - use it in my game all the time.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@xbukimina Stardew Brewery is on the list to update, but we've mostly switched to preparing for the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.4. You could try Sauvignon in Stardew instead in the meantime.

@xuqingxin Chest Pooling is compatible with the latest versions. We'll post an unofficial update if the author doesn't update it for the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.4 though.

@messagesarescary That's a limitation in the original mod; the cooking menu is one of the few parts of the mod that weren't rewritten in the unofficial updates. I might fix that too in future versions, but generally unofficial updates are about updating the mod for compatibility rather than fixing limitations in the original mod.

• DiversityonCF

DiversityonCF Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, Cooking doesnt work for me, but the magic does. I dont understand why cuz if i know right the magic is same as cooking, a custom skill.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Hunnybeanz

Hunnybeanz Intergalactic Tourist

Hi @Pathoschild I'm also having issues, sprinklers & bars appear, but no option to upgrade tools and sprinklers don't lamp or scarecrow. I'm running 1.3 on android, is PrismaticTools compatible with android or have I gotten lucky to get basic sprinkling?

• jrayando14

jrayando14 Space Spelunker

for the laster
                                  content patcher for this ? it crashes in save menu im new to this mod thing in sdv, thank you in advanceee :)

• Melindee

Melindee Big Damn Hero

Quality Products only requires SMAPI. Go to logs.smapi.io and follow the instructions to make a bug report.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.