Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@AisuEnzeru BJS Time Skipper is already compatible with current versions of the game. Only the author can update it for SMAPI 3.0 though, since it's closed-source.

• AisuEnzeru

AisuEnzeru Void-Bound Voyager

SMAPI said it would break though.
      And ah, well hopefully they can update it. =3=

• Marley420

Marley420 Big Damn Hero

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this. I've recently got back into SDV and I persist on having the same errors in my logs. Perhaps someone could lead me in the right direction?

2 mods seem to be causing issue; Prestige skill with its cooking adapter.. Prestige has been updated to the latest version from a few days ago. I'm also getting an error on Artisan Machines, which I have no clue what may be missing.

Overall theres a few errors that get flagged up, hopefully I can run everything smoothly without any major problems. Its trial and error as always.

Log : https://log.smapi.io/1Uh4HLfk

Thanks for your time!
        Vinny

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

For Artisan Valley's Machines, you appear to be missing the machine goods mod. Both files are on its Nexus page and do state that both are required

• euchred

euchred Void-Bound Voyager

If anyone can fix it, More Than Necessary needs updating, it's been causing me crashes lately when paired with Ace's MTN Farm expansions. And when I load in, if I hoe anywhere, the normal farm shows through the map, and the stuff that's in areas that you wouldn't normally be able to access, are unaccessable. The owner of MTN is having health and family health issues, so they've said it's ok to make patches while they're away, if they can't get to it.

blouwho? likes this.
            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Marley420 The Cooking Skill Adapter is on the list to update, but it might take a while since there are a lot of mods to update.

@euchred This thread is for compatibility updates. For bug fixes, you can post a message on the MTN page instead for the author to investigate. The author is still active and releasing updates.

@blouwho? That unofficial version works fine last I checked. If you see an error when trying to use it, can you upload your SMAPI log (see instructions on that page) and post a link here?

• Tuvka

Tuvka Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sorry. Maybe you know how to change the language in this mod?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Tuvka Do you mean how to update the mod? You need to open the source code in Visual Studio, update the mod build package if needed, fix errors and warnings, update the code for any changes in Stardew Valley / SMAPI / Cooking Skill, update the manifest, and recompile it. If you want to give it a try, come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord and we'll help you get started. :)

Tuvka likes this.
                  • Tuvka

Tuvka Void-Bound Voyager

"Pathoschild,
                    No, no :) Just in different mods there is something like a config.json or a file with the desired language in folder "i18n".

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

If the mod doesn't already have an i18n folder, unfortunately it doesn't support translations. You can ask the mod author to add support though.

• Tuvka

Tuvka Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild He did. I wrote to him and am waiting for an answer :)

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Here's an update to CoalRegen, it fixes a bug I left in on accident. (When in the mines and hitting NumPad5, while not on a mine level with a coal cart)

Attached Files:

Neferatem likes this.
                          • maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It looks as though parts of Eemie's Classy New Interior (just the kitchen and some parts of the walls- the furniture itself still works fine; I can't speak for the bed myself) broke a bit, although I can't tell if that's because of 1.3.36 or the latest SMAPI version. Does anyone know any fixes for this? Would switching to the version for Custom Furniture help?

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@maeru_maeru Try this version instead: You'll need Content Patcher to use it, but just unzip both to your mods folder.

Attached Files:

ziat007 likes this.
                              • maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Worked like a charm- thank you so much!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

You're welcome!

• naradoe28

naradoe28 Void-Bound Voyager

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

blouwho? likes this.
                                  • Drexl

Drexl Big Damn Hero

With JSON assets and this (Line Sprinklers) as the only mods installed I see no new recipes. As far as I can tell it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

• Tuvka

Tuvka Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sorry. May I ask? Is work being done on this request?

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.