Modding Help Updating dead mod to new version

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by flofs, Dec 27, 2016.

1. flofs

flofs Space Hobo

There's this mod that I wanted to use really badly, but it's outdated and has been dead for 2 years or so. http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/standbound-jojos-bizarre-adventure.1610/

I was wondering if there was any way I could fix it to be compatible with the newest version of Starbound? I don't know much about this game or modding this game, but I'm pretty good with computers. If it's doable, could anyone give me advice on how to do it? I know I can't redistribute it after i fix it, it'll be for personal use and other people who wanna use the mod can modify it using the info in this thread.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Considering you need the authors permission before doing anything, that kinda puts a dead stop to your plans there.

Learn to mod and make it yourself. That would be the easiest way no matter how you look at it.

3. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

You can still revive old mods for personal use with out permission, its only needed if you plan to upload your updated version of the mod. (I have a personal edit of an old custom race mod myself, if I can get it more complete, I will ask for permission to upload)

As for updating old mods, there are a few guides and reference material here in the Starbound forums, depending on how the original mod was made or packed and it's complexity, it might take time before you get something that works.