RELEASED UPDATED: Rival Events for Maru and Penny (now includes Poly options!)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by BrintheHufflepuff, May 1, 2019.

1. BrintheHufflepuff

BrintheHufflepuff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

upload_2019-5-29_23-38-22.png

Rival Events for Maru and Penny!

One thing I had always loved about the original Harvest Moon games were
    Rival Events! I felt it gave more life to the game and the characters!
    So, I wanted to try my hand at making some rival events for Stardew
    Valley. I've seen some rival events for the vanilla couples, but I
    always loved the idea of Penny and Maru together! I had so much fun
    making this!

Features:
    • Six new events! Three for Penny and three for Maru at heart levels 4, 6, and 8.
    • The option to either help Penny and Maru get together or keep them apart
    • Talk to people around town to see what they think of Maru and Penny's relationship!

NEW (optional) FEATURES:
    • Six new poly events! Get invited into Maru and Penny's relationship, go on a date as a trio, and, if you get married, four new dates for you to go on, one per season!
    • This mod is necessary if you want to marry Maru and Penny at the same time.

Things to Come (Eventually):
    • Other Rival Couples
      • Next in mind for me is Sam/Sebastian (And then maybe Sam/Sebastian/Abigail)
      • I hope to make Rival Events for all the characters eventually!
    Credits:
    • Thanks to sivolobwho who made an AMAZING guide on how to create custom events. Without that guide, I would have been stuck at takeoff!
    • This is the appearance mod I'm using in the photos, for anyone interested.
    Installation:
    • Simply put the unzipped folder into your StardewValley\Mods folder!
    • Make sure you have smapi and content patcher installed!
    • If you want to see the Poly Events, go into the config.json and turn "Poly Relationship" from "false" to "true"
    • If you want to know the event triggers, please read the "readme"

There shouldn't be any conflicts with existing mods! But if anyone comes
    across any conflicts or sees any mistakes, please let me know!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • LibraryLass

LibraryLass Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome! I love this!

Though I have to admit I'm a little bummed that you chose both of my favorite girls for your first mod. But hey, maybe that'll get me out of my comfort zone enough to start paying more attention to Emily or someone.

• BrintheHufflepuff

Or you could download a polygamy mod and be a happy little triad :')

LibraryLass likes this.
        • DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The mod my heart has always longed for...

Thank you so much for this? I'm so glad people thought they'd be a sweet couple too. :nuruflirt:

• Kourah

Kourah Master Chief

This is lovely ♡
            I really hope you do more couples! I'll be looking forward to it.

• LibraryLass

LibraryLass Subatomic Cosmonaut

Darn right I will.

• mirnamika

mirnamika Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you please do Abigail and Sebastian? They've been my otp since I started playing.

• Kourah

Kourah Master Chief

• BrintheHufflepuff

I don't have any plans to do Abigail and Sebastian at the moment, but after I finish my Sam/Sebastian events, I want to write some events for Sam/Sebastian/Abigail as a trio :)

• BrintheHufflepuff

MAJOR UPDATE

Spring Heart Event.png

Fixed: The first event will now trigger only on Thursday not any other days.
                    Fixed: If you've done the community upgrade, you can now still trigger Penny's 6 Heart Rival Event
                    New: If you talk with certain NPCs within four days after an event triggers, they will make comments. Robin, Demetrius, Sam, Sebastian, Harvey, Penny, Maru, and Pam all have a couple new lines
                    New: The option for a poly relationship!
                    • This adds 6 new events! An event at 8 hearts, an event at 10 hearts, and 4 events at 12 hearts after you marry both Penny and Maru. One new event for each season.
                    • Simply go into the config folder, set "Poly Relationship" to "true". The default is "false."

Ombeliane likes this.
                    • sleepycakes

sleepycakes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this is great! i've always loved the idea of them as a couple, and rival events were one of my favorite parts of HM too! thanks for the cool mod <3

• panpixiepixels

panpixiepixels Yeah, You!

this mod is absolutely lovely!! thank you so much for creating it, and to anyone curious if it still works, I'm playing in stardew valley 1.5 + stardew valley expanded and it works amazing (with a few minor glitches but nothing serious) thank you!!

• SolarCurious

SolarCurious Space Spelunker

Does this work with multiple spouses? I'm already married to Penny and I don't want to date Maru, but It'd be nice to see them together too.

• Lokfun1995

Lokfun1995 Void-Bound Voyager

So quick question : is it still pissoble to marry both penny and maru at the same time since the dependency for it has changed ? I tried to just offer the pendant to both of them, but the second one refused.

• Armita93

Armita93 Intergalactic Tourist

Just wanted to add on that I've been playing with this mod and as of Oct 2022, it still works. There are a couple small hiccups coming out of an event but nothing game breaking that I've seen. I am now looking into how to marry both Maru and Penny with the linked mod taken down. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to marry one and then the other or if there is a way to marry both in one ceremony. Either way, love this mod and I'm so glad it's still accessible here.

• QueenTallLegs

QueenTallLegs Space Hobo

I actually really like this mod, and this got me thinking. I saw you saying you had plans for Seb and Sam, but i've also been looking for a mod for Sandy and Emily, you've done SUCH a great job with this mod (and i'm just giving ideas) but I feel like that would be an amazing mod for the Sandy x Emily fans (basically me).

P.S. Keep up the great work btw, you've done an amazing job with just this one i'm sure there is more to come!:nuruflirt: