1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Update 1.19 crashes at end of day

Discussion in 'Support' started by xbekx, Mar 15, 2019.

1. xbekx

xbekx Space Hobo

i have Stardew Valley set to auto update so overnight it updated to 1.19 [i’m on iPad pro] and now when I get to the end of the day and go to bed I just get a black screen. No little scrolling “saving’ down the bottom, no results from selling stuff in the chest, just black screen.
    I’ve tried restarting the app and the device and no luck :(

I use Stardew Valley as a tool for regulating emotions so it would be really good to have it back ASAP!!

pacmaniac likes this.
    • Pacey

Pacey Space Hobo

My iPad does this too. If I try to start where I left off, it crashes. I can restart the day, then it crashes again when I save/sleep.

pacmaniac likes this.
      • dsath

dsath Space Hobo

Yes this happens to me as well. I play on Iphone. I know that my house was gong to be upgraded to a kitchen the next day, and along with that the Stardew Valley fair was happening the next day as well. Perhaps these two events in conjunction with each other contributed to the bug? Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

pacmaniac likes this.
        • Eetje

Eetje Space Hobo

Same problem here! I hope this problem is solved soon. ‘Cause i LOVE this game!!!

pacmaniac likes this.
          • ArbInOz

ArbInOz Space Hobo

Same issue here. Updated to 1.19 this morning (for the pinch and zoom) and at end of the day (winter 2 day 27) I get a black screen. On iPad Pro (the one with the finger print reader not the new one without the home button) latest iOS 12.1.4.
            Go to bed, It doesn’t get to the “saving...” or show what was sold that day.
            Have tried just returning to bed and that fails too.
            Have tried a power cycle of device too without luck.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
              pacmaniac likes this.
            • uXmow

uXmow Space Hobo

Same problem, can't load my savegame.
              1.19 (iPhone 6S)
              I can start a new one but thats obviously not good enough... But the pinch to zoom really is awesome!! If you need a savegame file or anything to help please let us know!

pacmaniac likes this.
              • ArbInOz

ArbInOz Space Hobo

Should add it saved one day before giving up.....

[ the real kicker is I am on a long haul flight and was hoping to progress a season or three while I travelled over the next 24+ hours ].

pacmaniac likes this.
                • pacmaniac

pacmaniac Space Hobo

I got the same problem. Playing on ios. It seems like they patched the android version for the same problem...

IPhone xs
                  Newest ios

• Jan1097

Jan1097 Space Hobo

I have the same problem too. Just recently installed the game. Was really enjoying it then it just crashed, now whenever I open the app it keeps going back to the home screen. I really hope they fix this soon!

pacmaniac likes this.
                    • wrhwrh

wrhwrh Space Hobo

same problem here! app auto updated last night and now i cant load the save file.

• Enyme

Enyme Space Hobo

Same for me!

• dsath

dsath Space Hobo

New update fixed it for me (1.20) Thanks!!!!!

• Jan1097

Jan1097 Space Hobo

Are you playing on mobile app? Still no 1.20 update in mine.