1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Unusual Mines Bug On Standard Farm (PS4)

Discussion in 'Support' started by FarmingForFun, Jan 15, 2017.

1. FarmingForFun

FarmingForFun Big Damn Hero

I am a huge long time Stardew Valley fan and player of both PC (nearly since launch) and now the PS4 version. Though it is wonderful game on any platform, over that time I have encountered the odd bug and oddity, but the latest one seen on the PS4 version seems oddest of all.

I had been playing all the ‘special’ farms such as forest, wilderness etc without any issues but after creating a few of these farms I decided to go back to basics and make an original or ‘standard’ style farm for a change. All was fine until the mine were unblocked in the spring first year. Upon entering the mines and going to the elevator, I noticed they were unlocked all the way up to level 100. As you can imagine I was very surprised at this. Upon further examination all the mine carts up to 100 had no coal and all treasure chests had already been opened just like I had already done up to floor 100. This made the early game very difficult as the treasure chests contain some very useful items.

Upon further investigating, it seems the last farm I was playing before creating a new standard farm, I was at level 100 in the mines so it seems to have somehow copied/cloned my progress from that game into my new game!

It also seems that once the issue crops up it keeps happening as I started another standard farm and this time I started the mines at level 115 again the same level as the last special farm save I had played. Interestingly it appears the issue is only with standard farm designs as I haven’t seen it on the special farm types yet.

I even tried to make a dummy game to get around this by starting a new standard farm and getting to the first save, then quitting and starting another standard farm but it was still able to carry the progress (to level 115) over, leaving me stumped at how to fix this?

Has anyone else had this issue? Is the developer aware of this problem?

Is there a workaround for this?, as it makes starting a new game quite unforgiving with no treasure/coal.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero