Unusual Materials

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Darthkitten, May 25, 2012.

1. Qader

Qader Void-Bound Voyager

AWESOME :D I love that you changed things up and used less common elemental gear construction!

2. Artemius

Artemius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WHOAH, man, you made cool stuff

3. bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

Gonna have to agree that the unrealicticity bugs me a bit but I will say that I much like suggestions for items that do innovative and interesting things.

4. Have you seen this game?
    "Realistic" materials should be the least of your problems.
    :p

5. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I would normally agree with this point, but I disagree because I'd rather see fictitious elements or alloys.

What you are suggesting is like saying "water" is actually a metal that doesn't conduct electricity. Why not just make up new materials, like what Marvel Comics did with Adamantium and Vibranium? That way you aren't redefining materials that already exist IRL.

To be clear, I do like your sprite work, and I agree with most of the ideas for the effects. I just think the materials should have original names instead of being ripped off from the periodic table. I suggest inventing fictitious alloys, like maybe Iodiron (iodine + iron), or Astatinaurum (astatine + gold). This would also be a good way to keep lower tier materials useful because they'd still be required in higher tier crafting recipes.

Suika Ibuki and Qader like this.
  6. banthesun

banthesun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Loving the designs, but Cesium is really throwing me off. Ever since I saw this video in high school, there's only been one thing that comes to mind when I think of Cesium.

7. HELL YEAH!

Though, the one that's the least plausable would be astatine.
    Only an atom of it exists for a second since it deteriorates so fast.

8. Starsly

Starsly Big Damn Hero

Oh boy, wearing cesium armor would be such a deathtrap near water eh? You could also weaponize it by throwing the armor at boats on seas! :rofl:

Magma Claw likes this.
  9. Magma Claw

Magma Claw Existential Complex

oh wow nice sprites, and i just cracked soo bad when i saw the elements uve used :rofl: maybe Einsteinium and Mendelevium? like zombie kinda thingeis or something, and they cld be some kinda ultra rare npc xD

10. Wilcol

Wilcol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What if you came up with some special substance that could be alloyed with them to make them stable/usable?