Unusual Materials

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Darthkitten, May 25, 2012.

1. Rho

Rho Pixel Sorceress Chucklefish

That's awesome! More contrast between shades, the background foot being level on the ground and it could pretty much go in the game directly. :D

2. Zaba35

Zaba35 Phantasmal Quasar

love it it should all be ingame

3. MrHiggintop

MrHiggintop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your Iodine items look pretty awesome i would say.

4. Tentacle Wrangler

Tentacle Wrangler Starship Captain

Everything looks pretty well done.. Looks like you have been doing this for a while?:lolwut:

5. lizard455

lizard455 Pangalactic Porcupine

UNOBTANIUM? :D

Vladimir 3.22 likes this.
  6. Vladimir 3.22

Vladimir 3.22 Zero Gravity Genie

no we need verycommenainum.

LastDay likes this.
  7. Sci-Fi Diplomat

Sci-Fi Diplomat Phantasmal Quasar

Nice idea but........
    Metallurgy.png

8. Vladimir 3.22

yea that happened to me once never buy from old people in the streets.

9. TheDarkman123

TheDarkman123 Orbital Explorer

I Love Your Mech Your Weapons Is Cool As Ice 10/10 Baby

10. TheDarkman123

Dark Matter Is Most Overpower To Make The Shotgun Called Is Showtime! And The Gun Called Hobo Killer 2000
    Red Matter Is Most Super Maga OverPower To Make Sword Called The Unstoppable And The Rife Called Oh Baby! Plz Add it

11. TheDarkman123

God steel is Strong Material To Make The Sword Called The Omega"s Fist is Most Overpower Sword In The Game

12. Make your own thread.

13. Vladimir 3.22

darn you ninja-ed it and great ideas and art.

14. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

(How I imagine this in Starbound where some NPCs bring it to you...)
    "Hey Murky! We found this material!"
    "Oh? What is it...?"
    "We are not sure, its really strange..."
    "Well I guess you could say its ( o_O ---> :cool: ) unusual..."
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I dunno. Seems like a pretty cool idea!

15. TheDarkman123

add Dark Matter and Darkium

16. Vladimir 3.22

I quote the above posts.:facepalm:

17. navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

darkman, you can edit your posts
    just reminding

18. TheDarkman123

Can you Add Dark Matter Plz And Dark Steel

19. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

TheDarkman123: He already stated he didn't want to add it and for you to make your own topic regarding them. Please don't continue posting for him to add them even after hes rejected it.

20. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

It would be better to use fictitious metals instead of real ones. Iodine and Caesium are liquid at room temperature, Astatine has a half-life of 8.1 hours, and Sulphur is not even a metal and would crumble to bits. It would be near impossible to even make weapons out of these, let alone good ones that don't fall appart or melt within minutes of using them.

Maybe consider alloys instead, since IRL Iron (steel) is pretty much the most practical base element for tools and construction. Mangalloy, for example, is much more resistant to abrasion than steel, and is both harder and less brittle than steel, which is why heavy construction equipment that is used to drill out solid bedrock is made of mangalloy. Manganese on its lonesome, however, is fairly useless for making weapons.

Copper is sometimes used in games because copper and tin were used in ancient times to make bronze alloy, which was the most effective material prior to purified iron (a.k.a. steel). Personally, I think copper could be good for wiring, but I'd prefer to use superconducting alluminum alloy, so copper might be pretty useless once you get that. Iron will always be helpful because when people think "metal", they typically think of Iron first. Gold might be next because it is so valuable, and it is also used for computer chips because it is highly maleable. IMHO, I think Iron and Gold should be the only real metals in the game, and all the others should be fictional. Diamond, plastic, and other carbon products could be used as well, but they are not actually metals.

Anyway, I'd prefer fictional materials over inaccurate representations of real materials.

bounding star likes this.