RP Untold (a starbound RP)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jareix Cryvix, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Haruko hears a voice in the cafeteria area, and quickly sets down her shamisen. "Hello! Another new person, I presume?", she calls out. She peeks out of the steamy kitchen to see the new visitor. 'Greetings, what can I get for you?"

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  2. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Pleased to see another person, Dusty smiles at the approaching Hyotl woman.
    Dusty: Hi, I'm Dusty and hungry. Can you make me some meat dumplings? Soup is fine too.

3. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

After a good look at him, she feels a little bewildered. "You don't look very dusty to me, but I'm sure I could fix that hunger of yours! Let me just get something to warm your bones!" Haruko quickly shuffles into the kitchen, spooning some of the bubbling mixture from her stewing pot into a nearby bowl. Rushing from the kitchen, she exclaims, "Here we are! I hope pork soup and spinegrain dumplings will suit your fancy." She sets down the bowl on the grainy counter before him.

4. DustyScabbard

Stepping over to the counter, Dusty takes a huge breath in the presence of so many smells. Including his own, which probably meant he should take a bath sooner or later. Taking the bowl with his padded hands, Dusty lifted the soup to his lips and took a sip.
    Dusty: Mmm... This is really good! I haven't had any ham in a long time. How'd you get some? And where did you learn to cook?

5. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Feeling prideful of her skills, she smugly crosses her arms and puts one webbed hand to her chin, "Well I'd like to think I learned my trade while still a fish fry, but I got my experience while traveling on a - cargo vessel! Yes, cooking for so many diverse people gives a lady some experience." She uncrosses her arms to let her hands rest on her hips. "The ham comes from various shipments every now and then, as Varmint and his crew like to eat well. When the ship drops off on a planet occasionally, I like to visit the market or retrieve some meats myself."

6. DustyScabbard

Now munching on the dumplings, Dusty perks up at the mention of Varmint having a crew.
    Dusty: Is Varmint the captain of this ship? Do you think he'd mind if I went up to the cabin to apologize to him? I guess I could ask him how long it is until we reach the next planet as well.

7. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

"Varmint is indeed the captain of this ship, though I'm sure those pesky penguins think otherwise. Regarding your apologies, I'm not sure what Varmint'll think, nor do I know if he's even in his cabin. You could try it out." Smoothing a kimono sleeve, and looking slightly miffed, she adds, "I don't suppose you have the two pixels to pay for the soup, do ya?"

8. DustyScabbard

Dusty: Of course. Hold on a moment...
    Dusty rummages through the worm cloth sack he has slung over his back.
    Dusty: Oh, I don't seem to have any money on me. Wait, I think I have something that might suffice. Will you take Boneboos as payment?
    He removes from the bag a smaller drawstring pouch, it's contents bulging ans slightly squishy. Upon openning the bag, Dusty looks alarmed.
    Dusty: Aw, they're all squished. Guess I slept on them... Sorry, I don't have anything to pay you.

9. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Haruko shifts her weight to one leg and waves a hand around swiftly. "Oh don't worry about it, and leave a couple squished Boneboos if you'd kindly. Even they're useful for something." She whispers under her breath, "Blasted freeloaders, Varmint'd better reimburse me for this.."

10. DustyScabbard

Leaving the bag of flattened bone fruit and promising to pay the Hyotl woman later, Dusty leaves the kitchen and makes his way back into the hall. He walks up and down the corridors, unsure of where to go to find the captain's cabin.
    Dusty: This certainly isn't a regular space freighter. I should have walked into the main bay by now. Hmm?
    A rush of air passes through the corridor above Dusty's head, with Dusty barely catching a glimpse of multicolored feathers as it turns at the end of the hall. Dusty's brain switches from "pondering" to "oh, look at thing" and darts off after the flying object.

Kaiachi likes this.
  11. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

As he starts after the feathered thing, two short penguin guard run past and shove him out of the way...
    "GET BACK HERE YOU... YOU... UNSPEAKABLE HORROR! What was it again paqs?" Says the penguin on the left, toting a cage above his head... "It's called a syphrauk, Mack! And it was entirely your fault you let it escape! That things smarter than us, it would probably bribe us if it had the money! Varmint is going to either kill us or pay five times the 580,000,000px spent on that... Bird... Dragon... Thing... And I don't know which I prefer!" Says the bird on the right... "Well, your the one that let it steal your key card!" "He wouldn't have done that had you not wandered near the cage and let it pickpocket your key ring!" The two squabble back and forth as they hurriedly waddle to where the "syphrauk" flew past...

Kaiachi likes this.
  12. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]
    Rairi walks into the cafeteria after noticing Dusty run after the multicolored creature.
    "Wonder what all the ruckus is..."
    He shrugs and turns his attention to Haruko.
    "Oh, hello! What's today's special?"
    He tosses a casual smile at her and sits down at one of the tables.

@Kaiachi

13. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Haruko quickly turns to the approaching stranger, and with a smile, says, "Well we've got some pork soup with spineweed dumplings, beakseed bread with orange marmalade, and grilled alien tentacle sandwiches! Any of those suit your fancy, or shall I whip up something else?" She strolls up to the counter and places both hands upon it, "We have drinks too, if you're feeling dry."

The Alonne and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  14. DustyScabbard

Disregarding the babble of the two penguins, Dusty gives chase after the flying creature. His bare feet strike the metal floor at full sprint, which is all he can do to keep the bird in sight.
    Dusty: Are you sure you don't want to land? At all? These tight corridors can't be healthy for flying, you know! Spreading your wings, and all that.
    Negotiating hasn't been working to slow it down either. The creature swoops into an alcove as Dusty approaches, just in time to see the lift doors close on Dusty's target.
    Dusty: What.
    Jabbing at the call button as fast as possible, Dusty begins to grin like a child at a candy store.
    Dusty: This is the coolest bird I have every met! I hope I can calm it down to look at it better.

15. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

"Hey!" one of the penguins calls out "Stop that... bird... dragon..." they run up to dusty panting hard while waiting for the elevator. "so close..." says the other penguin. "anyway, who're you?" he looks at him and his attention turns to his tail... "and more importantly... what are you?"

16. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]
    "I'll have whatever you'd eat the best. I once spent two years living on a Hyotl world and eating just what they had, so my taste buds are accustomed to what your species eats."

17. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Raising an eyebrow, she says, "Well if that's your case, then I haven't spent that much more time on a Hylotl planet than you. Grilled alien tentacle sandwitch and reefpod salad coming up." She trudges in to the kitchen, muttering about stereotypes, and comes back out a little less red than she was before. She sets down the plate. "Here ya go! You know, you're the third person I've met today that I don't recognize."

18. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]
    He chuckles.
    "Well, that's because my friends and I are new. As is, we're hired mercenaries coming through. We just happened to find a job offer to join Varmint's crew and paid off the competition. You know how dangerous Mr. Dancer is, yes?"
    He takes a bite of the sandwich.
    "Mmh, this is great! Thanks!"

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  19. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

With a wicked laugh, she says, "Do I know how dangerous he is? Better than most.. " She strides back to her counter top, grabs a damp rag, and begins to clean off spots and crumbs. "But that's not supper talk. So, mercenaries, aye? Sounds like an interesting sort of career path. Any other planetary stays I'll be hearing about?" Haruko starts to scrub at a very tough stain on the corner of the bar.

The Alonne and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  20. DustyScabbard

The lift returns with a 'ding' and everyone in the hall piles in. Closest to the glowing panel, Dusty looks over the options displayed. Knowing not where the bird came from (unless it came from space), he thought about where the bird could hide easily. Storage had lots of boxes, and open space, but many guards. Same for the crew level, probably. Cafeteria wasn't an option either, since everyone just came from there. Dusty frowns. Where could the bird be? The penguins, however, were more impatient than he. Shoving Dusty away from the console, one of the tuxedo birds taps 'Storage' with his fin. As the lift begins to rise, Dusty glances at the ceiling, to find that the emergency hatch busted open. Eyes wide, Dusty leaps to the console.
    Dusty: Wait! Stop the lift!