1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Unsupported Connection Protocol When Joining Servers

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Plexity, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plexity

Plexity Aquatic Astronaut

My client is using connection protocol 745, and I'm not able to connect to any servers. I've seen a few other posts for protocol issues here and there, but the solutions haven't worked. I've tried reinstalling the game, removing mods, validating my files (I run Starbound through Steam), and messing around with my dedicated server tool properties (also Steam), but the problem still comes up.

upload_2018-10-18_21-27-44.png

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please make sure the servers you are connecting to are updated to version 1.3.4

3. Plexity

Unfortunately, I couldn't connect to any 1.3.4 servers. Is there any way I could change the connection protocol, by any chance?

4. Iris Blanche

The protocol version 745 is the one for the game version 1.3.4
    When the servers are not updated to 1.3.4 you cant connect to them because they're running with protocol version 743 (game version 1.3.3)

Changing the protocol version is not possible since it is bound to the game version itself.

5. Plexity

I got it, thank you so much!

6. pls help me my game using a network protocols 746 but they didnt let me in i ask the owner of the private server but it didnt work anymore so i just wanna ask something likehow to join servers when i using a network with protocols 746 but i dont know what version they using i using the version 1.4 Bounty Hunter i need some help i never played starbound with friends this is sad :nurusad:

so did you mean i only can play server with a same version as my game ? 1.4 bounty hunter

The Server Running Version 1.4.1 Need Use A Same Option Of The Server

help me i like some of this server but what is version 1.4.4 ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2020
  7. Iris Blanche

First of all: don't spam the forums like that.
    Second: Don't necro a topic and spam it like you did before.
    If you want to make additions, edit your post.

Third: I can't do anything if a server is down or the server owner doesn't let you in. If a server is outdated it's outdated, you should look for another server that is updated or host your own universe and invite your friends over. There are plenty of tutorials on how to do so. @Hel made a pretty good one over here: https://community.playstarbound.com...r-setup-for-multiplayer-without-steam.119089/

Closing this topic since that issue was resolved anyways 2 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.