1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Unstable] Your favourite new addition so far?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jellypuff, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Jellypuff

Jellypuff Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sup. I'm new here, probably won't be all that active around this place.
    You'll mostly find me around the steam discussion. You know, where all the bad kids are, waiting for their detention to be over.

Anyways, what's your favourite new thing that has been added in the [unstable] build so far?
    This question is specifically aimed towards players, who haven't played nightly builds.

For me, it's the Gnome-Biome.
    You can destroy little gnome houses.
    Some drop "Ball of Gnomes"
    You can throw these gnomes.
    They scream.
    Beautiful.

Whoever came up with that idea, deserves a hug.

bluecollarart and TheFloranChef like this.
  2. Fuel-filled moons!

killajoke and Jellypuff like this.
  3. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Yes, those are really nice! I wish I could cook them too. :devil:

Also, the Novakids, the outposts and the first mission.

4. ijones27

ijones27 Subatomic Cosmonaut

for me,its this "corrosive gun" i have found 2 so far,with exactly the same stats.its pretty awesome.it melts faces fairly well

5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I haven't figured that one out yet....>< I have not played long enough to answer that one. I only got as far as going to a desert planet in the quests. I guess for now maybe the questing was added... unsure. Hmm.. I'll have to play more when I can and get back to that one...

Don't get me wrong I love what they have done in what I have seen so far, it is just hard to point out something as being my favorite at the moment for how much of the game that I have played so far.:)

6. chachajenkins

chachajenkins Orbital Explorer

Getting rid of the old temperature mechanic, now I can live on frozen planets without the side-effect of fun and challenge.

7. Jellypuff

Jellypuff Subatomic Cosmonaut

It can be fun with no pants on.
    It can also be quite a challenge, not to look at somebody who does have fun withouth pants.

Try it.

8. chachajenkins

chachajenkins Orbital Explorer

Loincloths are the pinnacle of cold-weather clothing.

9. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

First time swimming in ship fuel was just an awesome experience (Yes I know this sounds weird) :rofl:

10. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

It's hard to pick just one, but the one that I think of first is:

The change from dramatic fighting music to a little hop sound when an enemy engages you.

11. Chickendoodles

Chickendoodles Phantasmal Quasar

Definitely this, no need to farm for coal anymore. You just spend 10 mins on a moon getting 2000 fuel and you are good for a long while. Very convenient. Also I like the dynamic fighting, having to switch between guns and knives can be challenging when fighting harder mobs

12. DarithD

DarithD Pangalactic Porcupine

Fighting the monster without them screaming annoyingly (like the puppy and horse sound)
    And MOAR GUNZZZ!! >:3

13. Idunyken

Idunyken Astral Cartographer

The new crafting stations - just for the looks! Going to form part of a cool shipboard lab once I find an apex facility

14. QShadow

QShadow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ranged, Melee and Magic specific Gear which can be crafted! Aegisalt Rifle wohoo!

15. Omegagrox

Omegagrox Void-Bound Voyager

Liquid Erchius- HNNNNG I love love love just going to a moon and slrrrrrrrrrping up all that Erchius like a hungry buttrfly :D

16. Bird-People

Bird-People Orbital Explorer

I didn't play for long, but this newer version was definitely better in everything. Outpost are nice addition, also your matter manipulator is better now.

17. Coffesnale

Coffesnale Void-Bound Voyager

Check this out:
    Fish.png

18. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Looks to me you are nicely feed that monster some fish...lol

19. Eridan Ampora

Eridan Ampora Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the combat has been improved so much that i actually don't mind getting engaged anymore

also gnomes.

20. SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like that ranged combat is actually viable now. Before, enemies would just dodge all my shots with their insane jumping.