[UNSTABLE] Update April 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 8, 2014.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

There isn't much in this patch to change monster AI (other than that one fix). I realize it's been a sore spot for a long time, but it's getting a lot more developer focus now, so it should be steadily improving over the next several patches.

2. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm waiting for updates to the quest mechanics.

3. ShadowPhazon

ShadowPhazon Master Chief

4. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

Something to reduce the lag would be appreciated when it moves into stable. New update is extremely laggy.

Also, am I the only one who noticed how the jump mechanic has been changed?

With a realistic jump height mod birdies become a really dangerous threat, which is awesome!

5. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

The materialID thing was to fix a rather heinous bug. If we have to break mod compatibility to fix bugs we will. Sorry.

Unstable means frequent, potentially buggy updates. Stable means infrequent, hopefully less buggy updates. When we're satisfied with how unstable is performing we'll move it to stable.

Added to list. The inability to edit list items insitu through variant merge.

We didn't change the jump mechanic. However, gravity is variable. Maybe you're on a different planet now...

Darklight and The | Suit like this.
  6. Boneslord

Boneslord Big Damn Hero

Hey Dev people, are you happy with the current lore with all the races or going to improve it?
    Right now I think the lore is a bit weak.

P.S: Lore means backstory.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  7. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

I made a brand new character to test this release so that must be it. D'oh!

OmnipotentEntity likes this.
  8. Boston

Boston Void-Bound Voyager

I would encourage you to read the books and try to interact with npcs / inspect objects as different races. I think it is sufficient as is.

9. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

except for hyyyyyyylotl

Awww hylotl, what's the matter, hylotl? Still mad cause you gonna disappear one day cause you aint got no lore?

Bitch aint got no dungeons

AINT

EVEN

GOT

DUNGEONS

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Boneslord and Piccolo like this.
  10. Super Soldier 240

Super Soldier 240 Orbital Explorer

I agree.

Hylotl suck.

11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Actually, wouldn't that apply to novakid more? Hylotl have lore pertaining to them.

12. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

refer to the first part of

13. VexingKitten

VexingKitten Poptop Tamer

I am new to the forums, I have 270 plus hours playing the game. I think its awesome. Since the last unstable update I have been having an issue with smelting and refining. For some reason it no longer shows the countdown of the ore, or the count up of the end product. While it is still smelting and refining, it isn’t showing progress. I am left guessing how much longer it will take.

I am truly sorry if this is the wrong place to post this little, itty, bitty bug. I have recently moved to a location that does not support cable and or fiber optics for high speed internet. If I was to search every thread with my little 3-g cricket modem, it would take me an eternity. I am very close to being entirely off the grid when it comes to internet. The infrastructure does not exist in my small corner of a very wired city.

I am open to being politely redirected.

14. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

I HAVE THIS ISSUE TOO!! WOOOOOOOO IM NOT ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE.

15. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

Chuclefish stated there will be one last wipe. Makes sense. Especially if pvp is introduced. Great leveling field.
    I was attached to my creature at first...but because of this long beta stage i got brave and made many creatures.
    THEY WILL ALL DIE LIKE ME.
    But seriously.
    All will be wiped. Ships too i believe. especially if your to start out with broken ships that need repair. :)

16. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon Parsec Taste Tester

Good job with the notes, i bet those could prove to be very useful.

17. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Pretty sure that note with one more wipe came with the caveat of being able to back up ship worlds.

We'll only know for sure when the date draws closer. I hope they let us know in advance.

18. Gettornado

Gettornado Void-Bound Voyager

Boring Update, how are this weapons[​IMG]

19. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Mod advertising? Really?

20. VexingKitten

VexingKitten Poptop Tamer

Witch issue? I have several.

Gettornado likes this.