1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Unstable quest help

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tophattimetraveler, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Tophattimetraveler

Tophattimetraveler Space Spelunker

Hi I was playing the unstable with its recent update and I am currently stuck on one of the first quests known as getting started. I tried many things from talking to the planets only inhabitants to walking around the planet several times. Any how I cant seem to complete it or figure out how to repair the ships engines even with the core fragments needed to do so before the update. So I am creating this thread to see if other people have figured out how to complete the quest and so the answers to other quests can be revealed to those who get stuck on quests often like myself. So if you know how to complete the objective explore the orbited planet please respond.

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

umm... On stable? I would see confusion... oh you mention unstable...

Oh right... find the gate. I believe that is it. The core fragments are to fix the gate that should be on the planet. To fix engine you pretty much have to finish the first mission; at which point you would get more instructions.

3. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, for that quest you want to walk around the planet until you run into the ancient structure and get instructions to locate core fragments. Then continue walking about until you come across some campground equipment in front of a cave, with a hiker-looking person at the entrance. Start looting every single crate you can and killing every monster inside, because that place can net you the needed 20 Core Fragments to repair the gate and get it working, which is a lot easier than trying to get to the planet's core with a pea-shooter of a MM.

4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Not always... My last character got 4 short of that... But most of it, as the rest can be dug up at the core of the planet. More often than not though it is 20 average. 1st character got 24. So there is a bit of RNG in play there.

5. Tophattimetraveler

Tophattimetraveler Space Spelunker

Uhh problem guys. I walked around the planet and there is no Gate.

6. Squeegeeie

Squeegeeie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I remember having a quest about finding the gate, if it's in your quest log, if you have it, the compass week direct you to it.

7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Then you have a bugged world... Cause every garden planet in the gentle star "lush" should have one... Which is the starter planets.

I guess you happen to get something rare. hmmm... So yes most likely a bug more than anything.