1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Tutorial Unstable Build Question!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by RedLeader, Jan 18, 2017.

1. RedLeader

RedLeader Space Hobo

Hey all,
    I have been playing Starbound for over a year now and I am taking place in my first unstable build because Terraforming and weapon upgrading is too cool to be true. I have a question however.
    After putting my current save (backed it up obv) into my unstable build folder and loading it up, the Mysterious Trader didn't have the quest for me! (I have beaten the game.)
    SO here are my questions:
    Do I have to start a new world on unstable to reap the benefits of the vault update?
    If not, then can I use the progress I made on my old map in the unstable build and xfer it over once the vault patch goes live?
    Is the nightly build even a thing anymore? if so can I use this to get terra=forming on my current map?
    thanks guys!

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Did you copy your universe too or just the characters? The outpost progress is tied to the universe.dat file.

3. RedLeader

RedLeader Space Hobo

Laz thanks for your reply, I copied the entire folder containing both universe and player. The Merchant isnt selling the keys either.

4. lazarus78

Does your logs show anything?

5. RedLeader

RedLeader Space Hobo

I have never used logs and dont understand what that'd tell me. Clarify?

6. lazarus78

I have a feeling it is a general incompatability. Since you have everything backed up I would suggest just deleting the univers.dat file and start things fresh, but you would have to go trhough all the main story missions to reach the point at which the trader should sell the keys.

Other than that I duno what might be the cause.