1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed [Unstable build, July 7th] Odd flickering

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Ehksidian, Jul 7, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

So, this is the first time I've posted a bug.
    Whenever I fire up the Unstable build and put it into fullscreen, the bottom of the screen randomly flickers. It links to what time of day it is, too - when it's day, the flickers are white. Night, black, and sunrise/sunset they're red. It's bizarre, and only happens in fullscreen. It's not unplayable, and happens totally at random - but it is a graphical bug.
    No screenshots because it happens too fast for me to screenshot it.
    Computer specs are as follows:
    [​IMG]
    Running Windows 8.1, and Intel Integrated Graphics.

2. Mr Jungle

Mr Jungle Subatomic Cosmonaut

Me too

3. darkmega

darkmega Phantasmal Quasar

I third this. Didn't used to happen when I had a graphics card in, but since mine blew and i've been on internal graphics I've noticed it happen on and off. I thought it was just some overlay or a paralax glitching out under random circumstance due to low tier graphics, but if others are getting it, it could indeed be problem. I believe I've had it happen a few times in fullscreen, not sure if it happened in windowed, but it might've, can't remember cause got the memory of a novakid when it comes to specifics that aren't recent or overly repetitive.

4. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Hm. It might actually be an issue with parallax - I never noticed it when I was underground and completely surrounded by blocks.

5. darkmega

Indeed. I get it usually when above ground, but in caves. sometimes it feels like it's between the transition from the hilly and tree covered parallaxes down to when it's just starting to go underground in the background. Since i never usually get it when fully above ground. Theres usually a majority of dirts or caves and background tiles nearby if I remember correctly. I actually almost ragequitted the first few times it started happening cause thinking my internal graphics wasn't good enough to actually starbound. D:

6. Mr Jungle

Mr Jungle Subatomic Cosmonaut

Still getting the flickering here....

7. darkmega

haven't had it since my new graphics card went in. :V

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.