[UNSTABLE] 19th August Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Aug 19, 2015.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

metadept submitted a new blog post:

[UNSTABLE] 19th August Patch Notes

2. Partonetrain

Partonetrain Phantasmal Quasar

Yay, that means we are closer to a Stable release! :D

3. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

If you were using my Frog Merchant fix, go ahead and uninstall that. Same with my 'Compounds for Nightly' mod.

The weird slow-mo NPC (and drops and stuff) issue still exists, though. Dunno how well this gif shows it.

[​IMG]

And here's a GFY of the same thing. (Perhaps a bit smoother?)

Edit:
    People having trouble with farming:

Seeds have been changed from a 20% chance to drop, to a 1% chance to drop.

Among other things. Plant fibre is now a 10% chance, and the crop itself is a 98% chance.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  4. RiagTehGreat

RiagTehGreat Orbital Explorer

Is there any idea on when the update will be pushed to Stable?

5. Crashslays

Crashslays Void-Bound Voyager

Now I can make my tier 6 armor :D
    Edit: Or not. I am still unable to craft my Cerulium Compound.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  6. TanzNukeTerror

The recipe isn't showing up, or?

You learn the recipe when you pick up refined Rubium. Try dropping some of that on the ground and picking it up.

shannyxvx and Crashslays like this.
  7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

That is an issue that has plagued Starbound for forever. It's not just NPC slowdowns but also terrain loading. It's a processing issue.

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. TanzNukeTerror

It's been on-and-off for me until a few days ago. (Maybe a week?) Now it's constant. :c

Setting Starbound to a higher processing priority doesn't seem to help.

9. Crashslays

Yep, that did it! Thanks!
    Edit: Welp, while I was able to make my cerulium compound, I am unable to make my t6 armor at the manipulator table.

10. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

What about fixing the frame rate in the outpost? It is annoying when I go to the outpost and my frame rate suddenly drops, but everywhere else it is fine. Unless that is something which is being fixed. I didn't see anything about it in the changelog though.

11. TanzNukeTerror

Loads and loads of NPCs, lighting, animated things, etc. all being on-screen at the same time, is most likely the cause of that. There's a mod that's supposed to lower lag, but I'm not sure how well it works, because I don't have these framerate issues.

12. jasonzoo123

jasonzoo123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well iguess for all of the issues to be resolvedwe need to report as many of them possible so the devs can fix them making stable update closer than before. But its unstable or nigthly I m still wiwilling to play

13. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Yes, I understand that may be the problem, but I wish they could fix it in the vanilla game. I mean it almost makes me want to avoid the outpost because I get bad framerate there.

14. Crashslays

Any idea why I am still unable to make my Clockwork armor for my novakid? I have all the cerulium compound I need, and I have a manipulators table, yet I still cannot craft it.

15. Dark Hojo

Dark Hojo Void-Bound Voyager

Best bug fix explanation ever.

16. TanzNukeTerror

Loading one would make you immediately teleport to your ship.

Digging through the assets, the recipes for T2, T4, and all T6 armors are commented out. I can make a mod to fix this, if you'd like.

17. Adamiks

Adamiks Subatomic Cosmonaut

Like i though CF is not going to do anything with unbalanced tiers :/
    At least i think so, because they made new things and didn't balance existing things.

18. Crashslays

No need, but not all t6 armors are gone. I found the t6 impervium set. I would make that, but I do not want that set. I will only go for it need be.

19. Corverean

Corverean Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, anyone tell me what tenants exactly were added?

20. Doctor Devil

Doctor Devil Big Damn Hero

Oh yeah, CF really doesn't care about balancing tiers! Look at Riot, they're trying to balance their only game for 5 years now, and Chucklefish is sitting here doing nothing! :slowpoke: