Modding Help [Unstable] 1 of 2 Recipes from mod working

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DismantledDragon, Jan 16, 2015.

1. DismantledDragon

DismantledDragon Void-Bound Voyager

I am trying to add recipes to the campfire such that a player can "cook" the crafted red bricks into 'Small Stone Brick,' titled "castlewalls2" in the game files, and in turn "cook" castlewalls2 into 'Heavy Stone Bricks,' castlewalls1.
    Turning castlewalls2 into castlewalls1 works just fine, but turning the bricks into castlewalls2 isn't, here's the code i have in \recipes\campfire\castlewalls2.recipe;
    Code:
    {
      "input" : [
        { "item" : "brickmaterial", "count" : 1 }
      ],
      "output" : { "item" : "castlewalls2", "count" : 1 },
      "groups" : [ "cooking", "all" ]
    }

At first I assumed I wasn't calling for the right bricks, but looking in the recipe for turning clay into bricks at a furnace,
    Code:
    {
        { "item" : "clay", "count" : 1 }
      ],
      "output" : { "item" : "brickmaterial", "count" : 1 },
      "groups" : [ "stonefurnace", "all" ]
    }

shows that brickmaterial is what I'm after.
    The game boots just fine and I don't see anything about this in my starbound.log. I'm sure I overlooked something somewhere, but it nonetheless has me stumped.

2. Olxinos

Olxinos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Best Answer
    You seem to be right: campfire recipes don't need to be learnt.
    So i tested your recipes and... they all work. Even the one which uses brickmaterial to make castlewalls2, so i'm a bit confused. I don't see what would cause the recipe not to work for you (i even tried to mess with it by creating either campfire recipes using the same amount of brickmaterial or another recipe for castlewalls2 elsewhere, but the bricks are still used for one of the valid recipes).
    Maybe one of our versions isn't up to date and a bug has either been introduced or solved, i don't think that's the case but i'm running out of ideas...

DismantledDragon likes this.
  3. Olxinos

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  4. DismantledDragon

Campfire recipes don't need to be learnt, apparently, as none of the vanilla recipes are in player.config (cooked alien meat and cooked ribs, for example). Both new recipes are added in the same manner; as castlewall2.recipe and castlewalls1.recipe. here is the working one:
    Code:
    {
        { "item" : "castlewalls2", "count" : 1 }
      ],
      "output" : { "item" : "castlewalls1", "count" : 1 },
      "groups" : [ "cooking", "all" ]
    }

This would make it seem that something is off with brickmaterial, but I'm calling for the same one as the output from clay as far as I can tell.

5. Olxinos

Best Answer
    You seem to be right: campfire recipes don't need to be learnt.
    So i tested your recipes and... they all work. Even the one which uses brickmaterial to make castlewalls2, so i'm a bit confused. I don't see what would cause the recipe not to work for you (i even tried to mess with it by creating either campfire recipes using the same amount of brickmaterial or another recipe for castlewalls2 elsewhere, but the bricks are still used for one of the valid recipes).
    Maybe one of our versions isn't up to date and a bug has either been introduced or solved, i don't think that's the case but i'm running out of ideas...

DismantledDragon likes this.
  6. DismantledDragon

Man, oh man, do I feel silly now. I found a half-completed attempt to add the two castlewalls to the furnace, I guess Starbound didn't like two different recipes with the same inputs and outputs. Once I removed the incomplete stonefurnace recipes, everything works just peachy.
    I am so very sorry to have wasted your time, and I very much appreciate your assistance!