1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed unpacked assets in game folder/ starbound hiding in the background

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Forcedminer, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

Just a notice and solution to a problem i had for a few days.

I unpacked the packed.assets and they were stored at
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound - Unstable\assets

attempting to run the game would having it stuck in the background and it wouldn't appear even after a long time.

looking at the logs shows it launching normally but then locks up at the unpacked folder.
    after moving it to another location off that game folder the game launched normally.

This is just in case anyone else is having this problem since only recently the game seems to scan the unpacked folder..
    I thought it was around few days of broken starbound. :p

Which i don't mind at all its exciting hoping on each day and trying to find whats new.

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Probably because the game now tries to load EVERYTHING in the Assets and Mods folders, so if you have unpacked assets AND a packed.pak, the game is trying to load everything twice.

3. Khym Chanur

Khym Chanur Big Damn Hero

Rename "assets" so that it starts with "_": "_assets". The game will ignore any folder/directory like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.