Unofficial Technology Suggestions

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Autoantitheft, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Autoantitheft

Autoantitheft Void-Bound Voyager

Suggestions for the items, equipment and other bits of tech that could exist in the game.
    Let's try to come up with ideas that could be added!

GlobularDuke likes this.
  2. Autoantitheft

no takers? okay i'll start us off :)

How about a utility belt that can transform you into 6 different creatures. they would all look holographic and you would be partially visible in the centre of them (or maybe not). They could be a gelatinous ball (that rolls quite fast and gets foliage stuck in it). A fish that flops uselessly on land but can swim well. A bird (that flies) perhaps a hawk? A boar (that can charge along the ground), something with sticky tentacles... and of course a raccon (maybe to blend in with them).
    tell me what you think!

Deus likes this.
  3. ArcaneMusic

ArcaneMusic Big Damn Hero

Me like > : D
    Okay, how about...
    Mining droid: A allied entity with a anthill like AI, you place a 'Anthill module' somewhere on the surface or underground, and miner droids will try to mine down or sideways in a random pattern. They can carry 10 units of ore before having to go back to go back to anthill module. If they have any iron, you can give them the option to automatically make more miner droids. They would have 20/20 Hp, and would be very weak and dumb in combat. if they are destroyed, they leave a red-flag on the ground, which tells droids to stay away from any area in a 20 by 20 area. They deal 2 damage in combat.
    Fighter droid: In essence they are a miner droids version of the buddy system. They cannot be at least 30 blocks away from the miner, and will always take the first hit in combat, allowing miner droids to escape. if thy are destroyed, they leave a green flag, which makes all inactive fighter droids go to the location, regardless of if they're with a miner. The green-flag would affect any droid in a 20 by 20 area also. Any monster they kill has a 15% chance to record a monster in your encyclopedia. Also, they can hold 10 units of monster drops before they can't carry any more. They deal 5 damage, have 35 HP, and attack quickly.
    Finally,

Mule droids: These guys hang around miners and fighters to be cool. they can hold 40lbs of materials and will store them in a mule's inventory if there's one around. they will cart materials back to the anthill for anyone, and if one isn't around, the droid would have to do it themselves. :/ Anyways, they only have a meesley 10 HP, and can't deal any damage.

I'm going to keep updating this post as ideas hit me : D

Deus, Rex and Autoantitheft like this.
  4. GlobularDuke

GlobularDuke Phantasmal Quasar

Hydrogen Bomb: a bomb launch from a satellite or a submarine. Depending on size capable of taking out an entire civilization.
    EMP(electric magnetic pulse) Able to make a civilization electronics down for a LONG time. Has to be extremely hard to make

5. Rex

Rex Phantasmal Quasar

There will be orbital bombardments, so its kinda like this.

And my idea is... very simple.
    SIGNS

6. GlobularDuke

ddos: being able to ddos your emimies.

7. Rex

Rex Phantasmal Quasar

what is "ddos"?

8. Remmus

Remmus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Telegrenades: Just like it sounds on the tin, a item thrown like a grenade and with another click of the attack button you teleport to where it is. Useful for reaching hard to get places, or for telefraging.

GlobularDuke likes this.
  9. Rex

Rex Phantasmal Quasar

That would be so OP

10. Remmus

Remmus Subatomic Cosmonaut

depends how you work it, such as throwing range, taking into account a thrown grenade is almost never a accurate thing, cooldown time, etc. In my mind the basic idea is not OP, it´s what you do with it that could be so.

11. Rex

Rex Phantasmal Quasar

Well the way you said it it really sounded OP, you could throw it and then warp to any nice location.
    But now it sounds better :)

12. MrL567

MrL567 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Massive mine Drills. Made from fairly rare/expensive ores, the drill could be deployed to mine for you. It would slowly dill downwards to the core, extracting ores and stone, once it reach's the bottom it will go back to the surface, and you will have to drive to place it somewhere else. You could also drive it and mine in your own way.

Helopacks. A variation on a jet-pack. While you can not fly as high using this a a jet-pack, you can glide once out of energy to safety due to the blades acting like gliders. You can also use it as a way to suck flying foes towards you because the air on top of you will go down, pushing foes near you.

13. GlobularDuke

preditor missle you use a lazer to pick a location then a peditor missile will launch down

14. Nakano15

Nakano15 Pangalactic Porcupine

Uh,i think that for that,i just could create a topic on the section this topic are.

15. Autoantitheft

go for it, i'm not really sure how this works tbh. :p

16. Dukie

Dukie Void-Bound Voyager

hmmm... hows about a DNA extractor. You shoot it at an enemy, and you have lets say... a 25% chance of collecting their DNA. That DNA can be taken back to your lab and used to reconstruct the beastie, OR you can combine it with another piece of DNA to create a new monster!

the one who, Deus and Autoantitheft like this.
  17. TopHatRaptor

TopHatRaptor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd like medical supplies. Like healing guns or tools. I play medic in most games an plan to do so here as well.

18. Deus

Deus Void-Bound Voyager

The idea itself is really good, BUT, it sounds too easy to get resources, you might wanna think of something more expensive than iron. But yeah, the idea is superb. Maybe some DNA from a specific mob like Dukie said, to add some intelligence to the Droids.

19. the one who

the one who Void-Bound Voyager

some cool ideas, i dont have time to add atm :confused: