1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

#Unofficial# Armour! Armour! Contest coming soon!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Camz, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Hi folkes, myself,Gadgetboy and joxalot are starting a space suit contest on the 26th may. This is an unofficial contest run by the community with very real prizes supplied by Gadgetboy. The prizes and entry info will be announced 2 days before the contest starts, so if your going to enter the contest just show your interest below. Thanks. Camz,Gadgetboy,Joxalot.

Zailiner likes this.
  2. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

Hi Camz, this is interesting. Going to give a try on this one :) Thanks for letting us know!

3. Zoraculus

Zoraculus Smile Guy

*"Hi fol-*
    I'M ENTERING.
    Let's hope to see some interesting entries here!

4. Spike

Spike Supernova

Hm.... my art skills are not great enough to make a workable pixelated armor, so I guess I'll just watch the storm brewing from the sidelines. It be raining armors!

5. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

You could win the the contest simply on just an awesome written description of your space suit! All entry's are welcome design or no design doesn't matter.

Hi again folkes, the announced date of contest is going to be put forward. Sorry for any confusion but we want to make sure the prizes are extra cool for you guy's ok. Thank you from. Camz,Gadgetboy,Joxalot.

6. Maverik

Maverik Void-Bound Voyager

Yay for contests and the opportunity to exercise creative freedom. Thanks for hosting the contest, and good luck to all that enter.
    Err... When it starts, at any rate.

7. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

We haven't decided on a fixed date yet but it will be very soon.

8. Gman_Austre

Gman_Austre Phantasmal Quasar

i think i'll give it a go!

9. Flixfox

Flixfox Big Damn Hero

Hey I think I wanna enter the contest tooo

LordChickenMan likes this.
  10. Dispersion

Dispersion Pangalactic Porcupine

Pixel art only?

11. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Giving a try.

12. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

We are going to release the entry requirements soon, maybe a week or so. but i think it will be pixel art only and written descriptions for the contest.

13. Only pixel art? That's.. disappointing. Have fun pixel artists :0

Tiny Master of Music likes this.
  14. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

i qoute " but i think it will be pixel art only. so we haven't really decided yet, but we will release the entry requirements soon as we want to please everyone across the board.

15. Flixfox

Flixfox Big Damn Hero

I hope it isn't only pixel art :$

LordChickenMan likes this.
  16. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

The entry rules will be released soon and just to update everyone we think it will be fair and user friendly if the contest will be open to all designs pixel art or not pixel art you will be glad to here.

17. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Just an question. Can we ask for someone else to do us an sprite, but the idea, the thread and description made entirely by ourselves?

18. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Aslong as u haven't just google'd the sprite, and whatever sprite you use you have permission from the person who created it. An try your best to keep it original if you can. But like I say before we will be making a thread for everyone on entry requirements soon.

19. Spike

Spike Supernova

so If I write a story involving a player getting said armor, and if I include a somewhat detailed description on said armor, does that count?

20. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Like I said, nothing is concrete at the moment. Im still discussing with Gadgetboy and joxalot on what the entry requirements will be so I don't really want to say something to you and then I'm not implementing into the contest. There will be a thread explaining everything on the contest very soon and sorry if I couldn't answer your question directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.