Universe creation broken, stuck in FTL

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by NorielSylvire, Jun 21, 2017.

1. NorielSylvire

NorielSylvire Big Damn Hero

I'll explain through a little timeline;

-Vanilla starbound, works just fine

-Installed some mods, works just fine. After some many hours of playing I realise vanilla starbound+Frackin Universe is not enough and want more stuff, more content so I install more mods, delete the universe and player and start a brand new game. At first it crashed in the loading screen, I found the problem; a bug with a mod so I uninstalled it and fine. Create a new character of a new race, skip the intro, now the problem begins: At the start of the game, the ship is moving in hyperspace (FTL = Faster Than Light), I reboot the system and it plays the sound of the ship exiting from hyperspace like when you go to some planet that sound of decelerating plays and it brings the mission "Explore the orbited planet" but the beam down button is locked, wont work. The teleporter does not respond, and I am still in Hyperspace (like moving from somewhere to somewhere) I try and access the ship control and it crashes.

-I quit and save and login again, wont work, same problem.

-I delete the player and create another one without skipping intro and it won't work to

-I delete the universe and player and try again, same error.

-I delete universe again and delete one by one every mod deletin universe and players every time to find what mod causes the problem. No way, won't work, same problem even with no mods. So I guess some mod corrupted one of my starbound files.

-I uninstalled Starbound and installed it again, files are the same I had at the beggining, create new player, same error with no mods. So it is obviusly something that has changed with my computer, does anyone have an idea what might have happened? Also I have to say that I'm playing in 32x mode but my operative system is 64x windows 8.2, but it never worked in 64x mode because of some .dll issue I had and I couldn't solve

So the problem is every time I create a character it is stuck in Hyperspace and is not because of any mod or enything, it is something else. Also I have to add that recently I had some problems with two different IDEs (programmes for programming) and someone told me I had to delete the cache or something like that, may it have something to do with this? The chache? What's it and how do I delete it?

Lol, one year old thread and no one replied. Not even a "your are fucked and can't play anymore" reply.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2018
  2. Festro

Festro Big Damn Hero

having the same issue. Was working fine, left to play other games for a while, came back made a new character, and this tried uninstalling and reinstalling still stuck in perpetual ftl game won't even exit clean crashes then I try to quit to menu